anyone on dere 2nd preg. & had a c-section w l da 1st & 2nd?

edited February 2011 in Second pregnancy
Iam on my 2nd preg. & hav to hav ANOTHER c-section. Anyone else?..if so..how wuz it da 2nd time around?!!

Comments

• I had a csection with my first and im having another with this pregnancy. Did you set date yet? I hear you heal faster
  • My dr said my 39th week. So dat makes it aug. 11th. Iam considered high risk so im hopin not sooner! :/. W l my first i healed a week after returning home! Idk bout da 2nd time around...ppl say 2nd vag deliveries r worse den da 1st...idk bout c-sections. Lol. Wat else hav yu heard? When is yur date set for? & how is yur pregnancy?
  • I just heard that u heal faster and its a lil easier then ur first..i havent set a date idk why ive been waiting to set one lol my pregnancy is good jus having alor of pain but im good. How is ur pregnancy?
  • I had 2 c-sections. The second was pretty much the same as the first, I may have healed a bit slower than the first time, but not much. They'll cut you in the same place as the first time so you won't have multiple scars. Getting the anesthesia was way worse the second time around because it was scheduled rather than during contractions, and I got really sick during the surgery from it (that sucked). But otherwise it was pretty much the same.
  • I hope so. Lol. & mine is ok. My feet r statin to swell slightly & i sleep alot. Lol. Oh& crave slushies. Haha. But otha den dat...all is well. When r yu due?
  • Im on my 2nd n yes i had a c section wit my first n now i have to gt anothet one. 5/2/2011
  • @LOVIN_MY_UNBORN..HAV YU HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT YUR SECOND? HOW IS YUR PREGNANCY?
  • @mixd_mommy no i havent yet.n my pregnancy is goin well except for the bad gas pains i get frm time to time bt i have 12wks left cnt wait
  • Omg. Yur sooo lucky. Lol. Im only 13 wks. My first wuz csection bcus i developed preaclampsia later in da pregnancy. So w l dis one im labled high risk. Fa da most part im ok...i jus get real tired from time to time. & my feet r startin to swell slightly. But otha den dat im excitedd! & ready fa dis to.b ova so i can wear my skinny jeans again. Lol
  • @mixd_mommy your pregnancy sound just like mine I got preaclampsia with my both pregnancys my son I gave birth at 29wks & my daugther at 36wks both c section. I'm so scared with this one that Ill get it too & I'm always sick or sleeping ugh.
  • @Havingthethird1 dats wat im afraid of is delivering early! :/ but i hav a feeling dats wat is gona happen. I got it when i wuz 8mos w l my 1st & my dr labled me high risk & said i will prolly get it earlier dis time so he has been keepin a close eye one me! I hope errything goes well w l dis pregnancy fa yu!
  • Why are you opting for repeat c sections? I had a c section with my first and delivered vaginal with my second and planning to with my third. The recovery was so much easier with the vaginal and I still had an epidural I had a much better experience the second time around and despite what your ob says you don't HAVE to have a repeat c section
  • edited February 2011
    @mixd_mommy I'm lable as high risk too its scary everytime I go to the doc they test my pee for protein. I know it's gonna happenend with this 1 too :-S . When is ur due date? I hope everything goes will for you too & thanks I do 2.
  • I have had 4 c-sections.i will have my 5 th in September. I healed about the same with each one.ive found that the healthier you are the better you do after the c-section.
  • @mixd_mommy lol yea im happy n cnt wait til she gets herr bt i had a csection bcuz of da diabetes n i also have it dis time.nt sure wen will dey do da c section dis time bt wit my first i had it at 37wks n my bby was so big frm da sugar he stayed in da hospital for 9 days bcuz he was big den he lost all dat fat n was a premie so he had to gt his weight bk up.
  • Due June 28 with my 3rd c sec. I love it!! Healed faster with 2nd. I found out yesterday Im having a girl... Yay
  • @mommy_kass i kno in da state of florida. .after yu hav a csection...dats wat all da rest of yur deliveries are gona b unless yur kids r @ least 4-5 yrs apart..dey MITE let yu try vaginally! Its bcus of da scarred tissue & while pushing da pressure of da pushes may cause yu to tear da scar & bleed internally, hemmorage, & die. So alot of drs dnt prefer it. I dnt mind da csection..i like knowing EXACTLY when my bby will b here!
  • @Havingthethird1 yea...i get afraid hes gona b like yu gotta go on complete bed rest...iam a full time college student going for my RN degree & i dnt need dat rite now. I got w l my skool conselour & dey said if anything i can take a leave. I wuz COMPLETE bed rest w l my 1st & i couldnt get outta bed hnless it wuz to bathe, eat, or use the restroom & i had to on my left side! My due date is Aug. 11th but i dnt think im going to make it dat far. Im almost 13 weeks & my feet r starting to swell & sometimes my hands tingle soooo yu kno wat dat means? I got to da dr again nxt monday. I hope all is ok. I went for bloodwork last week & dey ran all dees tests...dey took 8 tubes. Ugh!! Do yu kno in wat cases i will b delivered early? & thank yu so much!
  • @LOVING_MY_UNBORN Wow! Dats crazy. I think i may hav gestational diabetes. I havent went fa da test yet...nxt lab visit! & wow...dats crazy! Dey shouldve jus let him stay chubby...dey r sooo cute dat way. Lol. But im glad errything went ok. My bjggest fear is delivering early & not being able to bring my bby home when i go home! :/ which i hav a feeling dat is gona happen!
  • @betty CONGRATS!!! i want anotha boy. Lol. Dey seem much easier den girls. & i couldnt imagine a lil me runnin round da house..we woupd drive my bf crazy!!! Lol. Wateva it is..i will b happy! I find out in a few weeks! :)
  • Yea dat is crazy.bt everythin went well bt i wanted him to come hme wit me im hopin dis time my bby goes hme wit me dats da part idk lik wen dey cnt go hme bt @mixd_mommy i thnk u mite have a girl
  • @mixd_mommy we sound the same I tell my husband I'm scared when I give birth the baby gonna stay in the hospital ugh! I'm due the 7th of augs >:D< . The only thing I know what you should check when you feel weird is check your protein in your pee thats a huge sign of preaclamsia if your protein is to high. Idk wat all those signs mean I haven't got those but always being tired & throwing up ask ur doc maybe he will know? I had to leave work cause I was always sick I'm home all day ugh. I know what you mean with all the lab work I be feeling like a lab rat that they always sticking needles in. Look for signs like swelling longer in ur pregnancy sneakers dont fit , dont want to eat , tired, thats all I really remember cause I had my daughter 6yrs ago & you welcome!
  • @LOVIN_MY_UNBORN..ooo idk. I think a boy. Lol. We will c in a couple weeks! @ Havingthethird1 lol...yea. Da ladies @ da lab r like "oh sweetie we got alot to take again" im like oohh yeaa. & wats worse is i hav deep veins so dey take it from my hand :/ & da past few days...ive notcied da top of my feet puffin ova my sandal straps..my ankles r a lil swollen & ive lost some of my appetite. Wow. Im da type dat likes to b productive durin my day..not sit @ home. It sucks :P
  • Thanx.. mixdmommy
  • I had an emergency c-section for my first, a scheduled c-section with my second, and a planned for my third. Planned c-sections are great. No fatigue and you know when everything will take place. Good luck.
  • I had an emergency csection with my first because come to find out I had two water bags & when my water broke the second time ny sons chord came rushing out with the gush of the water. Very scary experience but I will be having a scheduled csection with this baby. I'm nervous but I like the thought of knowing exactly when baby will be here, & my hubby gets to be in the room this time! Def makes me feel better about it :)
  • I had an emergency c section with my first but I'm deeply researching vbac...I had a horrible time with the surgery and I don't want it to happen again unless its absolutely necessary...
  • I actually dnt minda havin another csection. I did fine w l my first after a lil ova a day i wuz up && walkin..i left da hospital after 4 days && ater a week @ home i wuz fine. I got my staples out about a wk later && my insicion heald fine. I wuz back to my old self. Iam delivering my nxt august 4th && i cnt wait!!
  • i am actually on my 5th pregnancy and have had 4 c-sections. they have all been about the same,i have not healed any faster with last ones then first ones,if i actually had to say,i would probably say each one is a little bit worse. everybody is different though. probably alot of factors there too. good luck
  • @Kalasthename how far apart is this nxt baby? I also had an emergency c section with my 1st and had an awful recovery as well and am hoping for a vbac I havnt actually seen a Dr yet I meet with her march 4th and we are supposed to discuss. It but I really want a vbac if at all possible