Ok im so confused on pregnancy months

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
Ok so i googled 25 wks pregnant n i get different months all the time..someone plz help me understand this stuff ..i have 3 kids but never went by month just hey im due n ..lol

Comments

• I believe its 6 mos and 1 wk???
  • I think...lol
  • Some could be lunar I believe its really confusing to me as welll I always just say I'm such and such weeks I knoww I wasnt much help but thats alll I know sorry:(
  • yeah 6 months 1 wk
  • I just divide the # of weeks by 4 and thats the # of months. So, you are 6 months, 1 week. At 40 weeks you will just hit 10 months.
  • edited April 2011
    I count every 4wks as a month n 40wks would b 10mons
  • So ur really pregnant 4 10mos????? So y do they tell us 9 thts false advertising
  • There's not exactly 4 weeks in every month. 40 weeks equals out closer to 9 months than 10.
  • I read something that said we are really pregnant for 10 months but the first month doesn't count because you really don't know that you are pregnant yet, and usually don't find out until about the second month.
  • @Supermom405 - that made me lol. False advertising! :^o
  • @blueberrysmom lmao I felt cheated! :)
  • 40wks=280days. 280÷30=9.3333 but then you have to account for the months with 31 days so it averages out to about 9.2months. Then because your due date is calculated from your last period you take away 2 weeks which makes it damn near exactly 9months from conception to due date. Hope that made sence lol
  • Right its 9 full months.. I'm 35wk2d and I'm 8 mos.. idk though I started out telling people what week I was at the beginning like I'd say 8weeks when I was only 7wk2d .. though I got to thinking lol so then 40wks will roll around and i'd be like Soo yeah that's false..eh to each her own.. I now say the week and just guess the month..36-40is month 9 I think :)
  • Ok I get it :)
  • There are 'approximately' 4.3 weeks in a month, so you're pregnant a full 9 months. Hope that helps :)
  • I get it now lol duh ..thank u all
  • For real though its a valid question...lol its taken me the whole pregnancy to figure this out with the week/month thing..
  • Yes they schedule yu for 10 monts which is full term labor, yu are 6months
  • Ok another question people always say if if u been pregnant b4 u end up having ur other early true or false :/ :-|
  • False. This is my 4th and they come when THEY darn well want to! LOL! Unless ur Dr takes it early but that doesn't really count.