so sick...

edited April 2011 in Health
I take my pre natal vitamins everyday and for some reason I still for really sick. I had Strep throat and then it turned into bronchitis. It got so bad where I was short of breathe from coughing so much, I had to go to the hospital. I was worried about the baby and worried my oxygen level was going to hurt him. I had to get a breathing treatment there and an inhaler. The doctor then told me I could be developing asthma, from my uterus pushing up on my lungs. Then told me I could be short of breathe the rest of my pregnancy. I'm now on antibiotics, antihistamines, steroids and an inhaler. I am so worried about my baby boy. I'm 20 weeks and only can feel him every so often.

Comments

• I'm pretty sure the antihistamines are making him drowsy as well. Everything the doc gave u is safe in pregnancy and it sounds like your dr is really trying to get u cured. I hope u feel better and get well soon!
  • I'm having a rough time right now as well. Express your concerns and ask questions about the medication you're taking to your ob and he/she will explain and you'll feel better mentally.

Remember to trust your doctors, they're not going to give you something that will potentially harm you or the child.
  • Im asthmatic and every time I get preggers it gets worse. I use all those meds also and I also have the treatment machine at home. Your baby will be alright everything they gave you is safe. But the like the post before said talk to your OB, would know best.