First appointment

edited April 2011 in November 2011
Hey ladies im 8weeks prego today n I jus found out my first appointment isnt til may 19.. Im worried.. I'll b 14wks b then.. Is that ok?

Comments

• Yah I guess not...my first wasn't until 10 weeks.
  • Why's that? My midwife booked me in so il be 9 weeks when I go and see her, she said that had to b the first appointment as u get a better chance of hearing babys heart beat. Maybe your doctors just do things different x
  • Mine's tomorrow- nine weeks. Wonder why they're waiting so long.
  • Wow! That's a long time ! my first appointment is on april 15th ill be 7weeks &5days.
  • Mines april 14. Ill be 10 weeks! I thought mine was a long way. Wow! Im sorry about that. I know how you must feel.
  • I kno n wen I asked the receptionist she jus said as long as u eat healthy n take ur prenatal vitamin u'll b fine but if u feel pain or bleeding go 2 the e.r... I had s m/c b4 soo im really worried
  • If you are planning on doing first trimester screening, there is a specific time window of 10-13 weeks. In california it is integral to most pregnant women. Not sure if it is required in your state, butvi would call the doctor back and let them know if u are intersted in screening, they would have to set an earlier appt before you miss that window of time. Its just a simple test of your blood, but would definately get you in sooner, and also may be something important to you...
  • That does seem like a long time. My first appointment is less than 12 hours from now! And I'm 10 weeks today. Maybe you should ask about trying to do it earlier?
  • Wow that's long I Am 6 weeks today and my appt is April 25th and I will be 9 weeks I think you will be fine just take your prenatal pills and eat healthy :)
  • Mines is today but am only 4 weeks n 2 days. Just take ur prenatal pills n if u got any worries call ur doctor
  • My 1st appt is tomorrow and I'm so excited. I'm litttle over 9 wks and can't wait to hear my munchkins heartbeat :X
  • Im happy for all u ladies congrats n I wish u luck.. @ashkirk83 wat exactly is the screening 4..