castor oil

edited February 2011 in February 2011
Castor oil is the worst. It gives you endless diahreah and even when your body is empty it still tries to push anything out. #pain

Comments

• Yes.... I have heard that it's awful. My mil said that she took castor oil to try and induce labor with her first child. Her stomach cramps were so bad...not only did she deal with all of the digestive issues but also it caused the baby to turn. She ended up having to deliver him breach. Granted... That was a long time ago but castor oil is never something I would try...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Lol I tried ot with my first bc I was overdue and willing to do anything to speed the process up...I had horrible stomach cramps but not contrations and endless trips to the bathroom...lol I learned that the baby isn't going to come unless it wants to...don't rush it
  • Ya, my dr said DON"T DO IT! even if it did send you into labor, now your dealing with cramping and non stop pooing along with contractng!! Not a nice way to go lol
  • I tried it with my last pregnancy I was 38wks and 1 cm dilated. I took it around 7pm about 9 I was in the bathroom and by midnight I said it was time to go. Thank god the diarrhea stopped i didn't want to keep going at the hospital lol. They sure kept me and said I was in labor :) so I guess it worked or maybe it was just time...
  • If you need to poo get colace and drink 2 big glasses of water. No cramps and you will be cleaned out by morning
  • You would have went in labor any way it was just time! Castor oil is dangerous and makes you feel like what's coming out off yourr bum bathroom!
  • I told a friend about it. She took it a few hours laters she was in labor. this was something my grandma told me worked. And I am preggo with my 1st I'm due in a few days . i tried it a couple days ago, n walked around the mall. I got nothing. But stupid braxton hicks. After I researched it some more n wandering y it may not have worked I found out. It will nt only make u poop but it can make the baby pass its first bowel movement in you, which is not to safe 4 baby
  • I don't think I could even take a sip of that stuff lol. I'll just having a lot sex and sit on my exercise ball to get it going