$$ of formula for 1 baby..

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
I cannot remember how much does 1 can of formula last.. Trying to figure out the cost of it weekly.

Comments

• It depends on the brand...and is probably different in each town/state. I would go to Walmart.com or target.com to see your prices where you live.
  • I've seen diff. pricing I'm just curious how much babies use on a weekly basis, so I can budget the cost with his daddy. He asked me and I said I had no clue lol
  • We used about 6-7 regular cans a month, each can is about $15. Can you get wic hun?
  • Thats not too bad! I thought it wld b $100weekly! My budget just did a sigh of relief :)
    Last children, my ex and I qualified for wic, that was 15 years ago.
  • edited April 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • unfortunatly no. with my monthly salary and child support I don't qualify for anything. Least it's good to know it's not that much $$ a month.
  • His dad is covering cost of diapers and I have formula costs. Seems fair.
  • Thanks everyone! Alot of moms I know breastfeed so they couldn't answer.
  • Enfamil is 25 bucks for a large tub.
  • No hun its really not that bad, about $150 a month and that was enflamil or similac. :)
  • It all also depends on your baby's Appetite I don't think you be needing more than 2 big cans a week maximum. I just know not to let my hubby prepare it since he spills
  • Walmart brand is just as good nd it like two cans n one only 11.97 it lasted my daugher 2wks almost nd it compared to simalac same ingreidents
  • Sorry I misread your question;-)
  • I'm soo clueless @ 34 years old is that sad
  • Lol no worries hun, it might take trial and error with a few different kinds but you will find the right one! :)
  • This is why I luv pregly!! Thanx all!!
  • Breast feeding. Is free
  • @ ccnum2 LOL you sure bout that? Breast pump, storage bags, nipple cream, breast shields, nursing bras ect..all kiddin aside I had an awful experience with mastitis, my teen children also have a problem with moms boobs. They have constant friends in and out.
  • My 2 year old couldn't stomach the offbrand formula. We had WIC and they gave a 10 cans of powder formula a month and that didn't even last all month. Had to buy a big can of formula by the 26 of the month.
  • @Jenn_929 i was told that was the best time to breastfeed because u are sharing antibodies with the baby. Just as long as its not the flu or something more contagios than that.
  • I buy parents choice, it has bigger cans than emfamil, at first it lasted almost 2 weeks but by the time he got older it was around a week.
  • When I had wic with my first son I bought maybe 5 cans of formula the whole time, it was awesome. I didn't qualify with my second or with this one, but at the end last time I switched to Up and Up (Target brand) and it saved me a lot of $$. I was so excited that he could take the switch--I went from spending $80/week to spending $40/week. This time (barring any special needs) I'm going to start with the Target brand so I don't have to worry about switching. I might attempt breastfeeding again, but I'm on the fence about that.
  • I stayed home with my baby jaime77 so I did not have to buy all that stuff so it worked for me LOL.
  • I tried breastfeeding with my first but it didn't work out..so we used enfamil and its 25 bucks..so about one a week..depending on appetite..going to try to breastfeed this time to save money well see.
  • I see coupons ALL the time for formula. I signed up on gerber.com and they mailed us a check for $11 off a can and $4 off a can. Let me know what brands and ill keep a look out. I am trying to breastfeed
  • Yeah the big can is a bugdet the little one only last 3 dys for my 1month old! Glad I get wic he's almost out though.
  • @maggie I signed on there too and got the same coupons! I haven't used them though my son drinks similac and breastmilk I'm scared if I change to goodstart it will upset his tummy