cyst

edited April 2011 in December 2011
Went to my first md appt today and found out the baby is measuring 5 wks and 6 days (not bad considering I thought I was 6 weeks and 4 days). I saw the babies heart beat! But my joy was short lived when the md told me I had a very large cyst on one of my ovaries. I started bawling :( but the doc said "it will come down on its own" and that that is what happens to the other unfetilized egg when you ovulate and the other egg gets impregnated. However I can't help but worry! Any one experience this?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited April 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yes i had one with my son it went away after i had him u will be fine
  • I have one on my left ovary the size of a gumball hurts really bad but doc said that's the ovary the baby came from that it will go away on it's own
  • With my 1st I had a cyst on my ovary the same size as baby at 14 weeks, it for sure hurts, BUT they are actually common in pregnancy and will go down. I have one this time, but its not nearly as big.
  • I had one too with my son, its called a corpus luteum cyst and mine did go away on its own. I don't know if it ever really completely went away because I still had discomfort around my cycle for almost 2 years...but as far as affecting the pregnancy there was no problem at all
  • I found out I had one at my first apnt too. My doc said its veey common and not to worry! Im 25 weeks now ans havent had any issues whatsoever (knock on wood). Goodluck!
  • The cyst is getting bigger, its now 10cm by 7cm. I was started on some progesterone. Babies strong, heart beat is strong. I'm 7 weeks today. I pray this thing comes down
  • I have one as well on my left ovary and is measuring at 10 cm. I was freaking out at first, but now I only notice it when I cough or sneeze and that can be painful. But the more it goes along the more I forget about it. I'm hoping it goes away on its own!
  • My Bestie had her baby girl in december. She had one and it got bigger and bigger. They delivered her by c-section and removed it. It was the size of a soccer ball!!! Baby was fine 5lbs 10oz. She is probably one of the most beautiful I've ever seen. Only problem is she stayed breech cause the cyst prevented her from turning around.