nurse gave new born morphine....

edited April 2011 in Teen moms
Omg did anyone see this on ABC news today ? American hospitals n their mistakes are horrible

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • That's horrible! :(
  • @mama_kat..... yesss the mom had triplets and the nurse gave the baby the morphine I.v and the mother the babies I.v...... they said that they make mistakes all the time but we really never know......
  • Is baby ok? What happened
  • The little girl lived tho it should be on YouTube
  • I'm not going to be alone in my room at all my aunt won't let that happen she says someone will stay with me from the second I get in to the second I leave and the baby will not leave a family members sight. If I have my say baby will not leave my side
  • Yes.... Thts y I do not trust these damn ppl.... wit my new born.... wen I went tu get my ovaries checked the damn nurse didn't do the I.v right and I had tu end up telling her what she forgot to do.... and I learned from just listening to other people
  • @camommy yea that is definitely smart@! But it shouldn't be a necessary .....
  • What the heck!! That's scary and unexceptable!!
  • Wait don't they scan ur bracelet then the medicine and it shows on comp if It's all a match?
  • Yeah @mommyto1soontob2 but they still make mistakes. A lot of the time the nurses are overworked and the hospital is understaffed.
  • Wow! I ask when they give me anything plus I wanna see what it is. I know medicine from nursing home
  • I would whoop her ass & cash that big ass check I wud be getin! That's so messed up! U can't play with ppls kids!
  • I can't tell gender if that's what u asked
  • I can't tell urs tho
  • That scares me to death especially since this is my first baby I've never liked hospitals. I'm just scared something might happen
  • @magcaw yess! They are very over worked and when they make big mistakes like tht I no they get fired ..... its crazy
  • Oh thats scary! Can my DF follow our son after we deliver him? Im a FTM due in 4 1/2 weeks :/
  • my son was in the hospital a month ago; he got a stomach bug and ended up severely dehydrated because he couldn't keep anything down (he's 20lbs and 2 years old, he's TINY). My sister works in the ER so I went there, and the doctor who saw him nearly overdosed him. If it weren't for my sister and the other nurse questioning the dosage of the meds, he would have been given about 10x more than what he should have had at his weight. I was mad at first, but they are all only human. He wrote an extra 0. How scary must it be to know that such a tiny mistake could have such far-reaching consequences? I feel bad for this poor family, but I feel even worse for the nurse.