Question and Answer Session: April 10th, 2011

I am sticking this at the top, leaving it open, and asking everyone to please place your concerns here. I am starting to lose count of everyone's tags, and this is a fresh start. Please, please keep the respect and civility level high in this thread. I really want it to be geared toward addressing member concerns, and I would like to see it remain as drama-free as possible.

This thread is dedicated to listening to member concerns, addressing issues, and hearing out suggestions. I cannot stress enough how much I want to help each person who comes to me, but in doing so, please make sure to abide by the rules and guidelines set forth by @Martin. Please do not attack another member, directly or indirectly, as it only serves to cause more problems.

As stated before, no one will be banned for expressing his or her concern, opinion, or belief; I will never ban someone for having a different opinion than myself. Today has had a disproportionate number of bans due to dummy/fake accounts being created in retaliation to a previous ban, but on a normal day, Pregly does not see as many.

I will try to address these issues and concerns as quickly as possible. Please understand it may take tonight and tomorrow due to the volume as well as personal issues which may pull me away from the computer for brief periods of time. I will make sure everyone who has a question is addressed, either through a comment or a private message. If you do not feel comfortable talking to me, please contact one of the other moderators or @Martin directly at his e-mail (martin@pregly.com). If you do not feel comfortable commenting, please private message me.

- Heather, Pregly Support Team

Comments

• Totally non drama related but I think it would be fun to have sticky posts for team pink and team blue :) that way we can see which teams got the lead for 2011
  • What can we do to have a moderator removed? Btw its not you....
  • I was wondering if we could get an option to display our due dates.
  • @rockinmomma Martin is working on new categories as we speak. :) Team Pink and Team Blue will possibly have new categories dedicated to each gender. It would be very interesting to see if we could had a feature to track these little bundles! I will look into it and see if there is a Vanilla add-on to suggest for this very purpose.

@Twinkiesmom Anytime you have a concern about a particular moderator's actions, myself included, please forward them to Martin directly. He will make the final call on anything related to the Support Team's actions, given he is like our "boss", so to speak.

@Mythica I believe there may be an add-on for Vanilla-based forums which may be tweaked to show this information. I will double check. If not, it may be something @Martin can request from the developers.
  • Awesome! Thanks :)
  • Thank you I really appreciate you answering .. :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Cool, thanks. =) I asked that on a small thread martin had started, but it never got answered. =/ but I know he is busy. =)
  • @navywife @Martin is busy with work and family, in addition to coding/updating the application portion of Pregly as well as handling the business end of it. He may not always have time to check in on the forum side, but he checks his e-mail regularly. He responds as soon as possible. If you have a problem with a moderator, it is best to either take your concern to another moderator, or if you do not feel comfortable in doing so, directly to him at martin@pregly.com.

As for posts, I regret you - or anyone else - feels as though they are unable to post a discussion or comment without getting deleted/banned. As long as you or anyone else remains respectful and civil in the matter, there should never be an issue; it generally only becomes an issue when the guidelines have been disregarded, such as harassment (direct or indirect), bashing (direct or indirect), or intentional, consistent vulgarity.
  • edited April 2011
    @martin @fingerscrossed @MrsDelRae @Twin_Angels @Mama_Kat If there are to be votes to have a moderator removed can there be votes to have a member removed? I believe this is martin forum n he should chose the moderators and the moderators and martin should be the only ones to decide who should not be here....thank you moderators for all your hard work!
  • Is Martin looking into a "vent" category?

Also, I don't know how it would be setup, but perhaps there could be a FAQ section as well? I see a TON of the same topics being posted, for instance there are 2 threads tonight regarding stretch marks and it seems to be a popular topic.
  • I dont have a question . I just want to compliment on the fact that your the only one trying to keep this forum strong. I understand it could be overwhelming but thank you. I do have intentions on emailing @martin about other mods that I dont think fit their title. They should take a few notes from you.
  • @Martin Ok, so I have kept completly quiet during this fiasco. I would simply like to say that I agree that @fingerscrossed is an amazing moderator. I believe the other moderators are probably doing the best they know how to do in a difficult situation, however sometimes lack of experience and self-confidence make it impossible to be a productive moderator.
    In my opinion, a good moderator does not defend themselves against other members. They are confident in their decision and diplomaticaly state the rules as wells as try to smooth things over, not feed the fire by arguing and thus continuing/worsening the drama.
    They do not post of their personal lives and drama. Moderators should stay professional and discreet. When a position is accepted it should be taken with a grain of salt that you are now on a different level than regular members. You need to put off a professional and respectful persona, your private life should be kept just that...private...not doing this simply gives members ammunition to fire at you when they get upset.
    Moderators should be impartial, and should never blow a fuse or lose their cool.
    I have nothing against the other 3 moderators, I am sure they are good people, however I agree with the majority in that they are not good moderators. All they are succeeding in doing is making things worse by fighting back. It's time to smooth over, calm down, bite the bullet, and issue apologies ladies. That's the only way to save your app at this point. Just my opinion...take what you want and leave the rest.
  • @sunshine25 I agree! I believe their profiles should have no pics and just say mod1 mod2 it would make it less personal. I also feel this forum is too heavily moderated if you just let things blow over they eventually work it's way out.
  • @iibett suggested yesterday ,in Spanish, about adding a getting prepared checklist to the app itself not the forum section... not sure if the other mods understood completely
  • @fingerscrossed I don't receive any notifications! Its really annoying because I never know when others comment on my posts or I get mentioned :(
  • I think it would be better for mods to have 2 separate accounts-a personal an a professional that way if some one doesn't agree with what they have done or said they don't get personal attacks against them but this may not work now as everyone knows who is who.
  • We need a multiples category. It's rare that twins & super twins r discussed
  • I believe the mods have every right to be people too. Just bc yr boss is yr boss doednt mean they can't throw back a few beers with there coworkers. And to say they shouldn't have pics on there profile is actually impersonal. I would like to know who i am talking to. Now those are just my thought. They are ppl just like everyone else.
  • How do I mention someone in a discussion? When I just type the name it dosent highlight is there a button to press?
  • edited April 2011
    I have asked this question multiple times and will be the last time I ask and if not answered completely and truthfully I am leaving pregly. I have reviewed the comments and discussions of both KerriDeeRN and Jenn_929, While I am sure there are others these two in particular are members of interest in a lot of the pregly community.
    My question is what is the reasoning for banishment? I feel us pregly users should be able to see and understand the banishment as I can see in some cases just cause for banishment. Honestly not try to call out names because I see she has come back and has been civil but JunnaBugBaby should have been banned for things she said and never was.
    Now in the case of KerriD and Jenn I feel it must have been a personal/private issue which private issues or issues outside of pregly are not in forum guidelines. You must understand why we need a break down or clarification of what truly happened in those 2 cases especially when it upsets such a large portion of the pregly community.Pregly is suppose to be a safe place and I feel these two members where banished unjustly and we deserve to know the REAL reason why and how the reason broke Forum Rules.
    I fear pregly Moderator Powers are being used for personal reasons and this is NOT acceptable. If we could only get a truthful answer and a clear understanding of what happened perhaps things would settle down. You must understand A LOT of users are upset by what happened. These 2 users were very helpful and kind to all of us. I never saw them personally attacked and be malicious towards anyone.
    The Pregly Community deserves to know the truth and I feel sadly many will be upset and leave if nothing is done to correct this situation. @fingerscrossed @martin
  • Agreed w/ @ghettobetty.

The vast majority of this community feels very strongly about the banning of these two individuals, and nobody has been given any legitimate answers as to why. I think with all the outrage, we are entitles to specific events and reasons.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • This seems like a silly request, but I would love a fitness category where other fit moms to be can discuss safe workouts, yoga, running, etc. Thanks!
  • @ready2bmommy ooooh, I like that idea!
  • edited April 2011
    I also agree with @ghettobetty @martin

And @ready2bmommy I LOVE that idea!!
  • Maybe it would be better if a mod wants to ban someone they can only temporarily ban that person pending the rest of the mods approval. That way it cant be based on one mods opinion but on an agreement between all that said person actually deserved to be banned. Than maybe everyone wouldn't feel its based on personal vendettas.
  • I dont think that when the mods ban someone it should br a "private matter" this is a public forum many of us talk to each other quite frequently and we have a right to know what is going on with our pregly family...... Up until yesterday show of support for jenn and kerri I thought this was just another place for people to whine and complain.and it is but at the same time these ladies really care for each other!
  • edited April 2011
    @mommyof3andexpecting I really LOVE that idea except @martin should make all final decisions like he used to.
  • Temporary OK but other mods making decision NO only Maritn should be able to make Final Decision on such matters.