Will I get one..?

edited April 2011 in Baby showers
Quick question...and I hope I don't sound greedy asking...I'm on my 3rd child now. This was an oops baby and 4 years ago we got rid of EVERYTHING baby. What's the etiquette for baby showers on the 3rd pregnancy. I had one for my 1st 2 but my 2nd pregnancy was my husbands 1st.

Comments

• you dont always have to wait for a baby ahower if u want one then throw one small.or big ur disgression.....all preggo woman shud have a baby shower....i call it me day its all about me ( when actuallity its about the baby lmao )
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm going to have one for my second but its bc I'm in the same boat as u. My son is 7 and I got rid of all my baby stuff. Literally the only thing I kept is my crib.
  • I think I'm gonna combined the "me-day" idea with a "baby shower"...maybe a spa day instead of the traditional baby shower..but with a baby idea. My husband is Military and all my family and friends are scattered around the Country so it'll be small but something. Thanks all!
  • Everyone keeps saying that only a baby shower for the 1st baby is right. I've never heard that before.. I would def throw one for this baby.. there is no reason to not celebrate this babies life just b.c he wasn't born first..

I plan to have a baby shower for each baby :)

• I had one for my 1st 3rd and will have one for my 4th. This baby was an oops too and we got rid of everything 9 years ago. I agree every baby should get one
  • I think as long as you aren't popping out a baby every nine months a baby shower is ok for all babies. I didn't have one with my first two and I don't think I am having one for this one either. I am thinking about having a welcome to the world party instead
  • @kalikojenie how do you make a welcome to the world party?
  • Basically I wait til the baby is born then invite everyone over to meet him. If they want to bring anything they will know what will fit and what he actually needs. I basically have everything that I need either for really cheap or got given to me. I don't like being a center of attention and have social anxiety so a baby shower just isn't my thing. People suggested the diaper and wipe party but I think for me that waiting til after the baby is born would be better
  • Ok thanks I'm going to look into it :)
  • I am in the same. Baby #3 and our youngest is 5 yrs old. But I have no one to throw one. :(
  • Same here. I have friends and family who will send me a gift but as far as a shower..I'll be that person that throws it herself...lol. According to my husband this baby is getting everything from craigslist..which i'm not totally opposed too...but he says its "the nature of being the 3rd child, you get nothing new). Poor kid.
  • holy cow im in the EXACT same boat but i'd feel weird throwing myself one, and idk if anyone else will do it...
  • I just had my baby shower for our second yesterday! :) we threw it ourselves and we had so much fun! It was nice to have control on the planning and invitations, all of it!! :) every baby should be celebrated! And you should tell your hubby that a crib/bassinet/playpen that is used gives baby a slightly increased risk at SIDS, maybe that will change his mind.
  • Ummm buy your own stuff?
  • I'm on my third, and last. But I had a baby shower thrown by my church.
  • @hisbabysmom please don't be one of those people who start drama. Basically, as we learned when we were FIVE..if you have nothing nice to say...
  • I'm not being mean I'm stating the obvious if u don't wanna ask and u don't wanna throw ur own what's the next best thing huh? Apparently u can't have an opinion on this app without someone getting butt hurt
  • It's not what you say, it's how you say it.
  • Lol well excuse me for being blunt?
  • Ugh! She definently said "whats the etiquette for baby showers on 3rd bbb pregnancy". So obviously she doesnt mind having one! She didnt say she didnt want to ask! Some ppl dont read!

I think if you want one then you should have one. The 3rd child is just as important as the 1st.