my belly looks too small!! worried

edited April 2011 in July 2011
Everyone that sees me can't believe that I am almost 7 months(27 weeks). When I look at other ladies as far as I am they look a lot more "pregnant". I know its a good and bad thing but I'm worried somthin must be wrong with me or baby. I was small to start 130 5'8 so doesn't that mean I should show more?? I look maybe 5 months...

Comments

• I had a co-worker who at about 37 weeks was hardly showing, and here I was like 26 weeks and my belly was bigger than hers!

If it's your first, that could be why. Usually you get bigger, faster, with your second. So long as your doc says your measuring fine, you should be okay, don't fret! Eventually, that bump will get bigger and you'll get that "bump" you're seeing on others. :)
  • I wouldnt worry to much.. I am sure your baby is just fine. I always watch the "I didnt know I was pregnant" show on tlc.. Its crazy but some people just dont have a belly or symptoms..
  • @BkE913 wow that must of been crazy comparing ur belly to hers! And it is my first so I didn't know if I'm supposed to get bigger faster or not. @Leggs2011 haha yeah I've seen that show a couple of times and some of that seems impossible...weird stuff. Well thanks ladies...that helped me not worry so much..the day he comes can't come soon enough!
  • Yeah it was strange, it definitely made me feel like a fatty lol. But, this isn't my first pregnancy and it was hers. She never made mention of anything, but she hardly showed and my belly was out there for the world to see!

Glad you got some reassurance and you can rest your mind.
  • Everyone says I look small or don't look diff.. Well mi belly is starting to poke out now more n round out.. I'm 21w... But b4 there was nothing.. Juss b patient :)
  • I think pregnancy is different for everyone. Is this your first? With my first I didn't even look like I was gaining anything, I looked like I had a flat belly under my shirt til the end of my 5 months, then I started gaining little by little and this time people were already commenting on my weight gain before I knew I was pregnant. Haha. As long as your doctor says you're measuring good, then you're fine.
  • Yes its my first and doc says everything is goin fine. But he is the type of doc that listens to the heartbeat for 10 sec and seems like he wants to get the check up over with in 10 min. I've heard that some women cary it in their back so they look smaller. But then there are people that say there is no such thing as like a backwards uterus so I dunno...
  • @sk8rmomma19 its funny kuz im only six months n mi belly really jus start to poke out. I wnt to the doc n this lady that was pergant sat nxt to me she was huge!!!!!!! n I think she was less months than me. I felt weird n mi bd was wonderin why im nt that big. Bt sum pple say u start to really poke out wen u gt futher alone. Bkuz wen u gt like 6 months the doc say ur baby gains a pound every wk so as long as u r eatin healthy u shudnt worry about n e thing. Gud luck momma :)
  • Im the same way :) 27 weeks. All my friends say I just look like I enjoy eating a lot, which I guess is a longer version of saying I look like a fatty -_- but shes healthy and weighs right I guess im carrying her deep?
  • From my son I didn't start showing til 32 weeks, and from there I grew and grew and grew!!! Lol! I looked like I was maybe 4 months, I lost 36lbs that pregnancy and the last 8 weeks I gained 15lbs back. Right now I'm about to be 16weeks on Saturday and I haven't even popped, I've lost 16lbs =) but as long as ur dr says ur uterus is measuring fine, no problem!
  • When my mom was having me she went from a size 00 to a size 1 in jeans. And I'm super tiny too also 27wks and I've only gained 15lbs. so a lot does have to do with the women in your fam. That doesn't stop me from watching 16 and pregnant and comparing myself to every girl week by week though hahaa
  • You should be fine :) my sister didn't start showing till she was six months and at 9 months looked like she was 6 months prego and ended up having a 9.1lb healthy baby boy :)
  • I'm due may 4 on my second kid and everyone asks me how many more months I have left. You can't tell I'm prego from the front or back lol. Don't worry ;)
  • UI was like that with my first pregnancy I didn't start showing until I was almost 8 months and my son came out healthy and has never had any heath problems other then a minor cold and he is 2 now.....
  • I was the same around then but it all came on really quickly here towards the end.
  • I was small also but when my baby came out everybody was shocked to c how big she was! She sat towards my back when i was pregnant so i was tiny the whole time!
  • You could be carrying further back and also, 5'8 is kind of tall. If you have a long torso, baby has more room to stretch out up and down instead of sticking out. I barely showed last time, before 30 weeks I could hide my belly with a sweatshirt, because of those reasons, but my daughter weighed 7lbs 6oz.
  • Wow okay cool ladies that really helps! I now don't think there is somthin wrong with my little guy...I guess somtimes prego ladies don't show very much...good and bad thing :) thanks so much everybody I feel much better now!
  • I be 6 months next week and a size five still fits me big. Im 153 mabey even more now lol I gained weight but it dnt look like it :)
  • Ill be 7 months in 4 dayss & everyone says I look tiny too, its my firstt alsoo..so your nott alonee :)