HcG Levels! Please help..

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
hey ladies I have a question, um supposed to be 6 weeks today by my lmp of 2/28/2011, AF was due April 2nd, got a bfp the 1st, 2nd, and a digital the 3rd. blood was drawn 04/06/2011. got results today..Hgc count was 144? thought to be about 3 weeks 4 says pregnant putting me conception date at 3/30... how was this possible? I'm freaking out, doctor said not to worry.. but I am. this seems low and I thought I was a lot further along... I hope my baby is okay :(

Comments

• Well let's see how many post I get from baby bumb, because this doesn't seem to be working.
  • Are they re-testing your levels in a couple days? Im sure everything is fine.. are you having an ultrasound soon? Sorry I couldn't be of much help. Good luck sweetie.
  • No retesting. They said it's not normal or needed. I have to go through medi-cal now..my insurance doesn't cover maternity care. So now that I got the blood test back, I'll go apply for that..then pick an OB. But I don't know when they will schedule anything.
  • @SupppTayyy A "decent" OB/GYN would do a repeat HCG beta count within the next 2-3 days to insure that your levels are doubling or tripling every 48-72 hours like they are supposed to. I would suggest a new doctor honey.

Low hcg's could be indicative of an ectopic pregnancy and can be fatal if not detected within a reasonable amount of time. I know I have had an ectopic pregnancy. Thankful to have lived through it .
  • I don't have a doctor in the first place if you read right... I have to apply for medi-cal then pick an OB. It was my Gyno's nurse practitioner who ordered the blood tests.
  • @SupppTayyy this is somewhat similiar to what happened to me and it is most likely due to the fact that u ovulated later than what u think, but that is a little close to af. Do u have a regular dr rather than the gyn that u might talk w and see if they would do another blood test to ck it out
  • No I have to wait to get medi-cal .. my insurance got screwed up. I'm going tomorrow for an appt to apply.
  • You don't NEED an ob doc to have the test ordered. Any regular doctor, or even ER could order it if you go in with concerns. For reference, HcG levels are usually:

Guideline to hCG levels during pregnancy:

hCG levels in weeks from LMP (gestational age)* :

* 3 weeks LMP: 5 - 50 mIU/ml
    * 4 weeks LMP: 5 - 426 mIU/ml
    * 5 weeks LMP: 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml
    * 6 weeks LMP: 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml
    * 7 - 8 weeks LMP: 7, 650 - 229,000 mIU/ml
    * 9 - 12 weeks LMP: 25,700 - 288,000 mIU/ml
    * 13 - 16 weeks LMP: 13,300 - 254,000 mIU/ml
    * 17 - 24 weeks LMP: 4,060 - 165,400 mIU/ml
    * 25 - 40 weeks LMP: 3,640 - 117,000 mIU/ml
    * Non-pregnant females: <5.0 mIU/ml
    * Postmenopausal females: <9.5 mIU/ml

Sorry we can't be of more help here - HcG levels can be low for multiple reasons, and just because they are, it doesn't mean the pregnancy won't be viable and healthy. Everyone is different. Sounds like you're on the right track getting on the doc business and getting in to see someone else. Good luck!!