breastfeeding

edited April 2011 in Health
Anyone have tips on how to produce more breastmilk?

Comments

• The more you nurse (and the more baby drinks on the side your nursing on) the more milk you should produce. The baby needs to drink until its getting hindmilk which is tha fatty more nutritive milk toward the end of your supply for that breast. If you let the baby keep nursing after your milk has "run out" your body should respond by making more
  • I let my baby nurse after I have no more but bothibg comes out. && I notice when I eat oatmeal cookie with milk && honey bunches of oats with almonds I have milk in about 20 to thirty min try it
  • Make sure you are drinking lots of water as well. P.S. sorry I didn't get you that coffee, things have been super crazy here at home.
  • There is a vitamin that you can take too....I can't remember the name but all vitamin shops sell it. It smells like maple syrup. I had a Preemie the first time and pumped. My son could never latch on so I pumped for 16 months every two hours but the vitamin does help with supplied too! Good luck its hard work but so worth it.
  • Mothers milk tea is great
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @homebirthadvocate what about the more milk plus vegetarian capsules?
  • there is also blessed thistle capsules u get them at a health food store. with my first my dr had me taking fenugreek, blesed thistle and reglan all at once to boost my supply with my daughter. the reglan u have to get a rx from dr for. hope this helps. good luck! %%-
  • Fiber fiber fiber, once you increase your fiber within 2 days it should increase.
  • @homebirthadvocate I'm asking if They are ok to take, And wont effect the baby.