opinions on easter........

edited April 2011 in USA moms
what age is average to stop buying the easter baskets and just give them candy or something? i honestly cant remember how old i was. alot of the easter baskets look more for younger kids,so i was just wondering. :)

Comments

• Lol.honestly im 21 and my mom still gets me an easter basket. Its just not a kiddie one. She just makes it herself.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My mom still makes Easter bags for my cousins (30& 27), my sister (25) & I (24) lol.... but she gets joy outta doing it so we dont stop her! Hey free CANDY :D
  • :) I'm 22 and my mom makes me easter baskets. I feel like a goober saying that tho haha
  • My oldest is 11 ill do it till they have there own children and then ill get my grandbabies baskets :)
  • Yea I'm 26 n my mom still does. Last year I got a laundry basket with soap and various laundry stuff. I say at least till out of school you can always come up with creative useful stuff to put in a basket!
  • You can always make your own easter basket and fill it with stuff they like. My daughter is only 2 but thats what im going to do.
  • Like @mimibrowneyez36 ..my mom too:)
    ill probably be doing them till the kids r old and grown..as they get older ..obviously they know its you but they still love and appreciate it..like v-day..I don't see as a couples day I say as a day of love for all..because my mom would always give us a little goodie bag! We would get one for all holidays ..even st.Patricks :)
  • There arent any young kids in the family yet...well except for the one I am currently growing lol..but we still do 'adult' easter baskets..each one of us draws a name for another family member and we are responsible for their basket. Last year I got my fiance at the time and he got a set of really nice colored pencils and some candy!
  • ok thanks all of you! i will just make them one,now just figuring out what to put in one for a 11 year old boy and 12 1/2 year old girl :)
  • Wish somebody would give me an Easter basket! :-?
  • I still get them at 27
  • wow you guys are lucky :) thats sweet you still get baskets
  • I was about 12 or so. Then my mom just started buying random items, like one year I got a sheet set for my bed :), and shed give us candy.
  • My mom stopped witg traditional baskets around 10 and left lotsa candy and new "toys" for summer like a hooola.hoop bubbles...and when I got older pool toys bathing suit etc...
  • I remember getting an easter basket until I moved away from home and even then I think my mom made me several more and gave them to me at lunch or something. The stuff in the basket did grow up over time though