Ultrasound Accuracy at 15 weeks?

edited April 2011 in Pregnant
How accurate is an ultrasound at 15 weeks for gender? Has anyone ever been told it was a boy and later found out it was a girl? I've read that sometimes a part of the cord looks like a penis. What do you think? Are the genitals done developing at 15?

Comments

• Couldnt find out mine at tat point goin back tomorrow u/s. Will be 19 weeks
  • @bubbly. Thank you for replying. Did they just not check?
  • @techgirlpa check here, a site very good info been shared alot here on pregly:
    http://www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html
  • its very accurate actually. i found out im having a boy at 14w 6d look at my pic...u can see balls and all lol
  • I found out wit my 1st @ 15wks exact tht it was a girl & sure enuf she was bt my step sister thought she was havin a boy the whole time up until delivery & it turned out a girl & she didnt get a reading til 18wks so it jys happens sumtimes
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I found out at 13 weeks and it was right
  • I'm stressing too about the gender. Had my ob appt. today and asked if I'll have another us in the next 10w. Doc said not likely if everything is looking well. I'm gonna buy blue and hope for best.
  • Thanks everyone! The link from JellyBelly1015 was actually really helpful. The ultrasound showed a nub And the technician said looked like a boy. I'm still not convinced though because part of me still thinks its a girl And I didn't see any other boy parts. Now that I see that link I think I'm not readyto pick out boy stuff yet until our 20 week appt.
  • Its accurate..it really depends on the person doing the ultrasound..make sure you have someone that's been doing it awhile..at 14 weeks she said I'm having a boy..and he's was still a boy at my 20 week.
  • I found out am having a boy at 12 weeks 5 days and I went for a gender re-check yesterday and its still a boy am 17 weeks 2 days now