Yay! I got WIC!

edited April 2011 in Just for Fun
I'm so happy... It's really helping out, smart shopped with coupons last night and got 2 weeks worth of dinners, drinks, and snacks for $53.61. Any other moms on WIC and love it?

Comments

• me. we go through so much milk. i have wic and so does my son. its great
  • I'll be getting it again soon for the formula I love it to!
  • it is great I got it but I give all the milk to my mom ewww milk!
  • How do you get WIC?
  • I love it free food and mik!!
  • edited April 2011
    I miss wic I had it with my 1st when I was 17 n had it for 6 months with my 4th bc hubby's hrs got cut at work.we don't qualify anymore :(
  • @celorence20 google your local office and make an appt! They will tell you what to bring, and at your appt they will go over the rules, and make sure you qualify, and I even got my checks printed out before I left. It's amazing, I love it.
  • Meeee I love it
  • I know WIC is great but I don't think I can drink 4 1/2 gal of milk before the 24th when it expires. I love the juice though
  • @oregonmama YES! You can have another person whose signature will go on the WIC folder, the cashier at the store will always check that folder and compare it to the signature on the check when you're asked to sign it. It can be a dh, df, dbf, mom..I think it could even be a close friend.

@mschop I know what you mean! I bought 2 gallons the day before I got my checks, so I bought 2 more and froze them!!
  • @oregonmama I haven't gone yet but my mom told me your allowed to tell then you need someone else pick up the checks for you, I'm not sure about actually using them though. I would imagine if you show proof of being on bed rest they would.
  • Applying this week. :) Husband and I love love love milk..lol so we wont have a problem there. :)