i feel horrible

edited April 2011 in Second pregnancy
Am I the only one who feels or felt this way?

I am so excited to see my new baby but at the same time its hard seeing me with a second kid. Is it cause reality hasn't hit it is it guilt like I'm afraid my first wont feel as important? I hate this feeling and it scares me. Its messing with my head. I hope its not a sign something bad will happen to me or the baby

Comments

• I'm sure that u will love them both equally momma! sorry about your loss but u should be happy u are blessed to be a mom again!
  • I am very happy. I think I'm just scared lol. I'm in shock.
  • @proudmomma wait it was ur cousins baby I'm sorry! I feel stupid. But u will love them the same I think babies sometimes get jealous but they iwll come around ull see
  • @stevenjsalas_mommy lol I'm confused

@oregonmama this feeling comes and goes. I think its cause you can love a child more than life itself and can't imagine your heart having as much love again. Lol I guess its baby jitters lol I'm going into something I have never been. Lol at least next time I will be okay.
  • I'm the one who posted up the post about SIDS u said ur cousin had her baby wrapped up and lost him :( I was confusing u with her I though u lost ur bbay
  • I am stressing out the same way as well!

I have a 4 year old who is super excited to be a big brother and cannot wait for his sissy to get here, but I feel guilty like I am putting him off or something! (even though I am NOT!) I lay with him at night and sometimes I cry because I know that our time alone (just him and I) is drawing to an end and I feel like he is going to feel sad and like he doesn't get the attention he's used to once she's here.

I am going to make as much time for him and I as possible. I know I will do all that I can to include him in everything, I just love him soooo much and it's hard to grasp the concept of loving someone else as much as I love and adore my boy! :-S
  • edited April 2011
    @BkE913
    I feel the same way omg my son is 2 1/2 nd I'm so happy he is having a sissy nd he kisses nd rubs my belly its so cute but when I lay.with him at night I cry cause he is my bby boy nd I dnt want him feeling left out or pushed over..but do spend as much time as possible with him I do nd now tht I only have 11 days til I have my csection I'm freakin out...my bd said He will be fine but I'm soo scared tht while I'm in the hospital he will feel.left out ugh Idk...I'm so nervous =\
  • Ahhh it's crazy, I have 26 days until I am due but doc says he'll be surprised if I make it to the end of the month so I only have a couple of weeks left and I am in full nesting mode, and I am freaking out! This is a crazy because I know he will be okay it's just that he is so kind hearted and sweet and sensitive and I don't want his little heart broken or his feelings hurt! He, too, likes to rub my belly and talk to her and is so anxious. I know he's going to be am awesome brother, I just feel sad that it's no longer going to be him and I because I love our time together. He is my little buddy, my best friend and I just love him like crazy!!
  • edited April 2011
    Omg ur makin.me cry lol I know my son will he fine too but its jst as mommy we wanna do non to.hurt or children nd this.is jst a phase I guess nd I know we will be great moms when our bbys are here nd we will love out 2 kids jst a equal..nd I'm nesting like crazy too ugh its.comin soon lol I can't wait til she is here so.she can meet her big bro <3 @BkE913
  • @stevenjsalas_mommy oh lol I forgot about that post. Lol thank God I will have my memory back soon :)
  • @bke913 yes! That's exactly how I feel. I have mommy daughter dates for my oldest and I. We are going to see Katy Perry in July so that will be special.
  • MMy daughter is going to spend at least one night with me at the hospital. I have till the 27th till the baby comes. My daughter has a field trip Friday which is 3 hrs away and I'm freaking out. All these emotions are making me hold on even more. I don't want her far away.
  • @proudmomma I'm with its just been my little girl for 3 years and she is my miracle baby born 3 months early 28 weeks exactly stayed in nicu 5 weeks almost died on my birthday needed a blood transfusion me and her r extremely close rite now she is excited about being a big sister but once he is here I know the jealousy is going to kick in and I can't see myself with another kid loving a another childd the way I love her it just hasn't hit me yet I can't wait for my lil guy to be here I already love him so much but I know she is going to have a hard time sharing her mommy she is my little princess she is such a diva ill call her chloe and she will say that is not my name my name princess chloe
  • @junebug86 yea my daughter has been the only child for 11 yrs. She is excited but she did tell me before she is scared. It breaks my heart but I know everything will be good. I'm so thankful this baby's daddy is in our lives and not leaving.
  • @proudmomma my husband is a good support for us also he we have been together 7 years and he has always been there he was happy when we had our little girl and he is beside himself now that he will have his boy at least ur lil girl is 11 so she can do a lot more with u and the baby as far as helping you she can make bottles and feed the baby herself and have a little bonding time with her and the baby mine is only 3 and can't really do much she is thinking when I bring the baby home that they r going to play outside together she doesn't understand that he is going to be little and can't do the things she can do yet I'm gunna have my hands full I'm scared she going to try to pick the baby up out of his bassinet I'm going to do my best to include her and let her know mommy still loves her and always will love her
  • I have had the same feelings. Its so hard to imagine loving another baby as much as my son, even though I know I will. I had planned on taking my last month off work to have some mommy and buddy time, but now my fiancees daughter will be here the whole summer. So I feel even more guilty that my son and I wont get that las alone time togethrr
  • @junebug86 that's really cool you guys will have one of each. My first isn't his and her dad is a dead beat who hasn't seen her since she was 1.

It would be a little uneasy having a toddler with a new born but I'm sure she will adapt well. That's cute how she wants to play right away. Did you get her a special baby of her own that she can take care of while you take care of the baby? I have heard of a lot of people doing that. I think its a great idea.
  • @littlebuddy0811 maybe twice a week you can take your son somewhere and your fiancée can take his daughter. It will be good for both kids actually. How old is his daughter
  • I get the same feeling..my daughter is 5 and I m due in sept. I always wonder if she will feel when the baby gets here.she's been the focus of our lives for so long...I hope I can show her that we love her & she dosent get jealous!
  • @Simone every child gets jealous but I know you can show her you love her. My friends kids are acting up since she had her son :(
  • @proudmomma she turns 8 this summer. And I am glad she's coming, just starting to feel scared about another baby. Thats a good idea for us to each take the kids for alone time, i'll definatly plan on that. ;;)
  • @littlebuddy0811 yea she will need dad time cause she may be worried also.
  • @proudmomma yea she already says she is the best big sister ever lol I've never heard of getting her her own baby doll but that's a good idea I'm going to give it a try I'm going to try to include her as much as I can like helping with diaper changes let her hold him under my supervision of course I think she will handle it all pretty well she just isn't used to having to share her mommy goodluck with ur pregnancy what r u having boy or girl
  • @junebug86 yea try to get her a doll that she feeds and one that pees. I'm having a girl on the 27th. Lol at least we think she is a girl. She was stubborn for the Ultrasounds except once
  • @proudmomma thanks for the tip about the doll congratulations on having a another baby girl and goodluck on ur pregnancy ur due april 27
  • @junebug86 good luck with your pregnancy also :) I'm actually scheduled for induction that day
  • @Proucmomma thanks! I will do what I need 2 do make them both know they are my world!
  • @Proudmomma that last comment was 2 u lol
  • @Simone I'm so glad we are not alone on feeling this way. I hear its normal lol. I know everything will be wonderful :)