How Do You American Mums Do It?!

13»

Comments

• Like excidedforoctober I have never had any problems with going to the doctor. My first baby cost a grand toatal of $100.00, the er copay, 3 years ago. This one I don't expect to be much more. I am already at 36 weeks and have not paid a dime yet. In the US everyone's story and situation is different. I am glad to have my insurance the way it is. My husband does have choices at work and if we didn't like them that is not required. There is insurance for individuals and it isn't as expensive as most think, you just have to shop around. My sister-in-law only pays around $200 a month.
  • I have TriCare and I haven't paid for anything since I've been pregnant I'm 30 weeks. And even b4 I was pregnant didn't pay anything, no co-pay or nothing. I jus have to pay 20% for dental.
  • i'm active duty military so they pay for everything, you also keep getting paid if you get put on bedrest which is good. You have to go through a lot of paperwork but im glad everything is covered.
  • @richjen24 alabama the boring! Lol its just different bc its private and not like a medical center. I lovee flowers hospital
  • @jazzydD amen for my mom's bcbs!
  • Yes you get treated way different when you have actual insurance instead of medicaid!
  • I am extremely happy with my insurance and the service that my doctors provide. I called about spotting in the 1st trimester. They told me to come right in and did an ultrasound. No extra charge. I have ppo insurance through united healthcare. No complaints here. Also, there is no such thing as a free lunch. You pay for insurance through higher taxes in Britain. The difference is paying directly to the government with no choice or paying directly to an insurance company of your choice. I can assure you that I haven't seen any people dying in the streets because of our healthcare system.
  • I'm in south Texas and Health care is horrible here, it must be nice for those of you who don't have to pay out of pocket I don't think it matters here if you have Medicaid or insurance here, they treat everyone like Crap, I mean I pay $200. A month for insurance and my doctor is going to drop me as a patient for rescheduling cause I can't pay upfront, what does he want me to do, just show up to the hospital when my water breaks?? It's crazy....
  • edited April 2011
    I am on my mothers insurance, blue cross blue sheild. I am happy with my doctor and my insurance :) and can't say id ever want to live anywhere else...shoot im too scared to just take a vacation to another country....they always got weird ish going on lol
  • I can't get over being charged for an ambulance ride that's crazy.. I personally couldn't work out what id do if I wasn't receiving the care I am now I'm pregnant with no worry about insurance full stop..