Question to twin mommies to be plz help

edited April 2011 in Second Trimester
I'm 18 weeks pregnant with twins, i've been feeling a lot pressure in my lower abdomen and getting shooting pain down there, I didnt get this till 7 months with my singleton, is it normal to feel this this early on with twins? Im waiting for my doctor to call me back but wanted to get some opinions in the meantime, thanks

Comments

• Wow not even one person is having twins!!???
  • Sorry I just saw it! I'm 29 now and I've been having the same problem for a while now. Doc told me it was just from the added pressure. That and Braxton-Hicks..... which sucks. Lol hope that helped a little!
  • Oh no it's ok, I wanted to ask you personally but couldn't figure out how to find you, im so nervous so I wanted to ask women with experience, I did end up going to the dr he checked my cervix and said eveything is ok, but they also said that 3 years ago 3 days before I lost my first set of twins, I will have an ultra sound to check on the babies growth and cervix tomorrow so I hope eveything will turn out fine, thank you so much for taking the time to answer me :) now I know this might be normal, it kind of puts my mind at ease..
  • I do what I can! Especially if I see twin posts. Lol you're having a boy/girl pair, too, if I remember correctly? I'm glad everything is good! And no worries, just relax and enjoy it. Lol just wait til the war games in your belly begin ;) I think I'm re-enacting a scene from alien sometimes!
  • I am having twins a boy and a gurl due sept 15
  • edited May 2011
    @jazz congrats!! Isn't it exciting?? Hope ur feeling great :)
  • @josie749 how have you been feeling?!
  • Thanks ladies.@josie I feel okay but I have my days.
  • But overall I am very excited and cant wait 2 see these little angels
  • @mrsstanley_x2 Im good thank you, I get the occasional spotting but I just found out I have a sensitive cervix other then that I feel great, how about you? How are you feeling?
    @jazz I know what you mean, I guess it gets harder for us twin mommies lol but its all good cause at the end it is all worth it :) wish you the best, and if you ever need some1 to chat with im here, I know I personally always have questions and concerns and sometimes feel lonely so its nice to have a belly buddy.
  • @Josie749 Awwww well at least you're feeling well! That's woonderful :) how far are you now? I'm great as well, aside from the horrible pelvic pain that the only cure for is delivery of gladiator babies. Lol poor darlings are cramped in there.
  • thank you I wish you the best of luck too.and our due date is too close plus we are having both g/b so we are for sure belly buddies.lmao.
  • @mrsstanley_x2 thank you :) im 21.5 weeks thank god it finally feels like its moving faster.
    Im sorry you're having you're in pain, does it get that bad? how far along are you again? im assuming they're weighing pretty good? As long as they're healthy right lol. I hope you feel better :)
  • @Josie749 it only picks up speed from there! Haha I'm almost 33 weeks and they have dropped (she is on my dang bone pinching nerves). They were measuring big and he is estimating combined 6-7 lbs now, but I have an ultrasound Monday to see for sure :) I have days where walking and I are mortal enemies, but as long as they are fine it's nothing. Lol and thank you!
  • @jazz thank you, lol yep we definitely are :)
  • @mrsstanley_x2 lol thats good to know and yay for beeing 33 weeks you only have a few left, their weights sound good, I hope you keep them baking as long as you can and hopefully it'll get a little easier somehow :)
    good thing ur still walking lol, it's already 2 hard for me, I feel like I'm 8 months lol.
    Keep me posted on your app monday, hope all goes great :)
  • @josie749 I know!! *happy dance* My husband takes wonderful care of me (like pulling me off couches, beds, getting me unstuck from the tub..... true story). I would be in trouble without him. Lol sonedays I just don't WANT to walk... too much effort! Thank you so much! Ill let you know how they are looking. Lol I'm excited to see them again!
  • @MrsStanley_x2 @josie749 @jazz is there a secret method to twins? Hubby & I have been ttc for 20 mo. I am currently on meds to fix hyperplaysia (the lining of my uterus is not baby friendly right now) Hopefully in july when I go back to the dr I can start clomid again & we will hopefully see twins soon, hubby & I have been praying for twins! I have been waiting soooo long to become a mommy that twins would be a blessing! Me getting prego woud b a blessing & twins would just top it off ;)
  • @prayin_4_twins there really is no trick to it. Lol in my case twins run in my family AND I was on clomid, so I kind of got a double whammy. Good luck on ttc! Twin baby dust coming your way! :)
  • @MrsStanley_x2 Thanks! In july I will have another endometrium biopsy & praying I can start clomid again ;)
  • Im convinced im having twins..first ultrasound was twins second was one...could she have been hiding or something like that?? I don't know if its possible but im so huge already!!
  • @praying_4_twins Awwww good luck, mama! I'm sure everything will be fine and work out perfectly!!

@garagebandfan how far along were you at each us? I didn't get big at all until about 27 weeks. Lol and even now I'm not as big as I should be even though each baby is measuring big. Lol
  • @prayin_4_twins It happened naturally with me too, it runs in my family. But I have also heard it happens spontaneously with some ppl that have no twins in their family, so you never know :) good luck with everything!

@mrsstanley_x2 lucky you!! Lol my hubby is always working so I barely get any help with anything :( im ok so far but it feels like its getting harder everyday especially running after my 20 months old baby boy but I guess I have to trust that god will keep giving me the strength, lots of amazing women can do it so can I :)
    16 more weeks left, no biggie lol. enjoy seeing ur precious babies tomorrow!

@garagebandfan that might be possible, that happened with my friend, first u/s they saw 1 baby and at 18 weeks they saw twins! And I also got huge early on but this is my second pregnancy so that might be the reason too. Did they check your hcg levels? I kinda had a feeling I was preg with twins right at my 4 weeks check up because my levels were very high, so maybe you can call your dr. office and ask them? Hope you get what you want :)
  • This is my second pregnancy so that might be it, im 14weeks now but I look nearly 6months already. My first us was 6weeks and she thought there was two, my second ultrasound was 9 weeks and there was just one. My hormone levels have always been messed up..when I was 6weeks my levels were so low that she said she would have sent me home saying not pregnant had she not seen the baby(s). I go in for progesterone shots twice a week because they have been so low. I go to the doctor for my regular checkup Wednesday, doubt I will get an us but we will see... are there signs or anything for twins? Other than a confirmed ultrasound?
  • I am having twins, but I haven't had any pains.
    I see its been a month though so I hope you are feeling better
  • Hi twin mommies!
    @twinmamatobe
    @mrsstanley_x2
    @josie749
    How is everyone feeling? Im still having trouble walking too. My hubby calls me waddles! lol Im also almost 33 wks.
  • @josie749 Awww my hubby has actually had to come home from work to pry my out of the tub though (yeah THAT wasn't mortifyingly embarrassing or anything). Lol I give you props for still being able to chase your little boy around! I don't even like going to the fridge. Haha

@mommyof4girls I'm 33weeks today!!! I have an ultrasound in 2 hours and I'm so excited I don't even care that I feel 90 today. Haha
  • @mrsstanley_x2
    Good luck! Mine is tomorrow and 33 on wed! Wahoo! I have my u/s and NST every tues. I swear its going to put me in labor one of these weeks! Last wk my poor hubby thought they were going to admit me. This wk I hope its not so irritating to my belly. Inbox me I'll send you my blog... it's funny and I complain a lot but you'll get it cause we are going through the same stuff.