URGENT! Baby Registry Question.

edited April 2011 in Babies
I'm doing my registries at Target, Wal Mart, Babies R Ys and Amazon.com..

What are things that YOU PETSONALLY would want to buy yourself for the baby.

Stroller/Travel Systems?
Cribs?
Etc...

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I personally wanna buy clothes and furniture (bc I like vintage pieces)...everything else I registered
  • Don't forget to register diapers & wipes!
  • The only things I wanted to buy by myself were the outfit my son's came home in and their first teddy bear. Oh, and the pregnancy journal and baby book. Everything else I was fine with other people purchasing.
  • Walmart, I had to do soley online, I'm I NYC, so it would be a nice trip just to get there.

I feel a little bad putting those high price items, but I understand its for the help.

I'm also confused on how much quanity of things to ask for, and up to what age.

I don't know how fast they grow out of newborn diapers, size ones, size two last a little longer..

I'm a noob :)

• Oh, wipes, I don't mind registering for plenty. Lol

I'm also doing store brand products, save the green!
  • I put everything and anything on my regestrys. I registered at babys r us and target. I put spacifically the binkys I wanted, bottles etc, the only thing I got was the correct bottles. And I didn't get anything elce off my reg. So it was pretty much a waist of my time.

Belive me I'm greatful for everything I got! (My shower was last week ) and the extra bedding set I got, I returned and got my video monitors we wanted. So that's good. But I feel like, no one looked on my reg.
  • This may sound weird, but the lady at babys r us told me to reg. For batteries, for the swing, or anything elce.
  • u should go to the babies r us by union square that's where I registered for mine and it was great they give u a bunch of coupons and stuff and they also have events with free giveaways for mommies to be
  • Target wipes are awesome! (purple kind) size 3 diapers they are in the longest I would say (i learn alot working in an infant room) if your having troubles deciding what to add. Look at other peoples registeries! P.s. Can't go wrong with white onsies and plenty of them!
  • I really don't mind if the don't buy off the registry, as I'm not having a baby shower :( . I am going to tell everyone, these are items I LIKE, if you find it cheaper, go for it. Really I'd much rather gift cards!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • But remember done babies have allergies to certain diapers and done need specific bottles so try not to open anything. A friend of mine had avent bottles for her baby and already opened them and had them all ready and get baby ended up having acid reflux and had to use dr browns!
  • @rachdb I just moved to the Bronx from Texas, boyfriend is from Manhattan. They have the new Gateway Center place.
  • lolI don't plan on opening anything yet, lol.

I am going to soley breast feed, so I'm trying to figure out the best bottles and storage solution for that.
  • How do u like the city so far? I've lived in manhattan all my life. The gateway center that's by yankee stadium?
  • Yes, by the Stadium. Its alright so far. Verrrry different for this Texan. People are less friendly, more noisy, I'm used to driving, not metro anything. Lol. My bf is a life long Manhattaner, he moved to tx last summer to be with me, long story. Lol. We walked to the center, it took about 45 min. Haha
  • Yeah the bronx is filed with a bunch of not so nice characters and some interesting ones too lol. I hate taking the bus or train I make my bf drive me every where and I bitch if he can't lol. And 45 mins ouch lol I would have hopped in a cab or the bus
  • We took the bus home. My body still hurts, haha. Manhattan is nicer and cleanerish! When we are steady, we plan to move over there.
  • I could imagine I hope ur hurting a foot rub lol. And some parts of manhattan r clean and nice look don't go to far uptown haha