Hernia??

I have a hernia on my upper side of my belly button and it really hurts... :/ it really hurts is it bad?? Should I go to the hospital??

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have an hernia too bt it only hurts wen i eat spicy food i asked my dr & she told me theres really nuthin they kn do til i hve the baby bt if its hurtin tht bad u shud go
  • If you have a hernia and it is painful or enlarged and protruding, then you do need to go in and be evaluated. A hernia can become incarcerated which can decrease blood supply to it and make the situation worse.
  • I have one too an my doc says it will get more painful and become more prominent as the baby grows. they cant remove it until about a month after the baby is born.
  • edited April 2011
    @Mommy_in_love2. I have a groin hernia that has been there for years. A hernia is a tear in the muscle lining and the only time they are dangerous is when the intestines or stomach tissue behind them bulges out And becomes stuck. Most of the time whatever is bulging can be gently moved back in by you, but my Dr told me when something gets stuck its normally VERY painful. If That ever does happen you have to get to a hospital immediately because it can cause a rupture inside you, however; that is very rare especially with a hernia that is a pretty clear tear. They think I've had mine since I was born.

Also if you Have hernia surgery, they aren't removing the hernia, they are stitching it back together and they often use a mesh to reinforce it.