TRUE OR FALSE??? PREGGIES??????

edited April 2011 in June 2011
Is it true that if u reach 35 weeks u can ask your doctor to induce your labor??? Im 33 weeks and it feels like my uterus is holdin on to this lil boy by a thread!! Lol smh

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • False! 36 weeks is considered full term but a doctor can't induce you unless it's medically necessary or you're already in labor & not progressing on your own.
  • Yeah your not tech. full term until your 37wks. I wouldnt want to be induced.. I know its so misreble but he/she will come when its time.. And not a moment before :)
  • A doctor will stop your labor up until 36 weeks. Once you hit 36 weeks if you go into labor they will let you deliver. Pregnancy is 40 weeks but technically the first 2 weeks you're not pregnant that's why pregnancy & fetal age differ by 2 weeks.
  • Ok i didnt think so but he is weighinng dwn on me so much i can even walk for a extended period of time
  • Different doctors have different policies. That's why I said if you go into labor they won't stop it.
  • & to clarify labor, you have to be in ACTIVE labor.
  • yeah definatly false.. you want baby to stay in there as long as possible anyways the last month they gain a half a pound every week and there lungs do most of there developing then too.. 35 weeks is about 5 weeks to soon if you ask me lol :)
  • My doctor won't induce til 39 weeks. Its the hospital policy.
  • @hurstk28 The hospital I deliver at is the same way. In past years doctors were inducing & delivering so they could accommidate their personal schedules & they had quite a few lawsuits against them due to the babies being born too soon
  • False. Your not considered full term until you're 37 weeks.
  • Any time before 40 weeks makes me nervous.
  • False. It is actually the law that they cannot or are not supposed to induce before 39 weeks unless MEDICALLY necessary. At 35 weeks your baby can have breathing troubles still, best to just pull through it until 37+ weeks hun :)
  • is tht a law in just a particular state cuz I neva heard of tht.. @mommyoftwoprincesses
  • No @new_mommy_21 it is actually a medical law that was passed 2 years ago. It was passed right as I found out I was pregnant with my first, my doctor and I had a long discussion about it. It is for the best though cause then you know for sure baby is safe to come out.
  • edited April 2011
    my opinion is.. if u want it early its on u but they shudnt b liable for anything tht u choose to do cuz its wantd early (: my opinion! if u can decide to abort it etc then why cnt u decide to hav ya bby a wk or three early?? I personally want mine a wk or wk & ah half early if everything is still lookn well..AND they hav a test tht see if the lungs r ready for d outside world (: goodluckk tho ma!
  • edited April 2011
    @mommyoftwoprincesses o ok.. cuz it wasn't mentioned to me by my doc wen d bby dad ask abt her coming a wk or so early for our convenience. ima ask him abt it n 3wks thanx ma! :)
  • @new_mommy9_21 I guess its more of a guideline than a law for doctors, Maybe your doctor is different hun, wouldn't hurt to ask :)
  • With my 1st child my water broke and I delivered at 36wks, just because it was 36wks they tried to say she was premature but she was 6lbs 5oz and all her test came out normal no sign of being a premie baby. I personally Think each baby is diff. Don't know about asking to be induced but if u keep walking maybe u will go into labor if baby is ready!!!
  • My high risk dr wanted to deliver my son at 35 weeks due to medical reasons but my normal dr said no.
  • My high risk dr wanted to deliver my son at 35 weeks due to medical reasons but my normal dr said no.
  • I would say false bc at 37wks you are consider full term unless you are having problems im sure ur doc will let yju go lol I want my doc to induce me now lol 37wks now!
  • That's not Tru when ya baby feels like coming he/she Is gonna come
  • I went into labor at 36 weeks and they didnt stop it..
  • It depends on the doctor. Even though some consider it ok at 36 weeks others dont. Like my ob is completely against induction except for medical reasons but one of my friends go to the same clinic just a different ob and her ob says that after 36 weeks its a green flag.