what will ur baby call their grandparents

2»

Comments

• Nanny and papa for mine I don't know for his yet
  • bd mom - mawmaw or grandma
    bd dad - papa or grandpa

which ever my baby girl can say
  • Mawmaw and Pawpaw:)
  • I'm on team mawmaw and paw paw...my mom still thinks she's 30, so grandma doesn't fly with her!!!! [-X
  • My mom wants the baby to call her mami...but I'm not going for it! Lol!

They WILL be abuela and abuelo (we're Latin) shocker, I know! ;)
  • From his dad's its pipa & gramma. Lol
    From my side its papi & guela. Hehe
  • I can't stand that my inlaws created names for themselves. I guess the way I always thought it..it was whatever the child could pronounce. My mil wanted booty...I just rolled my eyes and was like...how about ass? (of course I said that to myself..lol)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited April 2011
    @almost4 Ciao paisana! :) Actually I'm pretty sure Nonna is Grandma, Nonni is Grandparents referring to Grandma and Grandpa, and Bisnonna is Great Grandma. At least that's what it was when I was there during Christmas...I hope my family isn't teaching me the wrong stuff! Lol!
  • @almost4 just read your comment again and I'm sure I read it wrong...lol...sorry! I thought you were saying I was that we were using the wrong names! Darn baby brain...reducing the oxygen to brain again!
  • my mom will be omah she isn't ready to be grandma yet lol plus that's what all the kids in my family call her...... My dad will new pop pop my god kids call him that so it sticks
  • edited April 2011
    My mom said she wants to be called "oma" which is grandma in german and my dad said he wants to be called "papa". Weird thing is my mom is mexican, my dad is the german one...why the hell she wants to be called oma is beyond me LOL
  • My mom is Nana, my dad is dzia dzia (pronounced Ja-Ja, its polish for grandpa)..great grandma goes by G.G. , polish great grandma is babcia (pronounced bob-cha)
  • I am Greek so my mom will be called yah-yah. And his mom not decided yet.
  • im African American & my daughter will call my mom abuela (she 2 fabulous 2 be called grandma) his mom Nana my dad & his dad granddaddy my step dad will be G.P lol
  • My parents are nonie & popie. My in-laws are Nana & papa.
  • My mom and stepdad are gramcracker and peter dan my 9 yr old came up with it. My dad and stepmom are granny and papa and his parents are ma and pa
  • Grandma-Nana
    Grandpa-Paw paw
  • My parents are mom mom and pop pop, husbands parents are granny and papa.
  • My side granny and grandpa
    mil and fil of course have to be special..pap pap and meme
  • My mom: Ama
    My dad: Ampa
    My (other) mom: Grandma (She died a few yrs ago but my daughter know her through pics)
    Hubbys mom: Nana
    Hubbys dad: Pop Pop
    My grandma: Mana
    My grandpa: Papa
    My (other) grandma: GG (great grandma)
    My(other,other) grandma: Grabby
  • Anyone know the proper Hawaiian term for grandma (and grandpa?)

Thanks everyone... This has been really neat!!! Some of these are too cute!
  • Fil...bompa
    Mil...Grammy and mamaw

Mom....nana
    Dad (rip).....grandpa
  • My moms mom- grams or gramma that's what I usually call her so I'm sure they will too
    My moms dad- is deceased
    My moms bf- idk and honestly could care less
    My mom- whatever he/she desides (first grand child for her) but I think I'm leaning towards memi (mom said she doesn't care)
    My dad- no idea they won't see him much so whatever they come up with or he teaches him/her
    My dads mom- grandma
    My dads dad- grampa
    My bfs mom- naynay that's what her other grandchildren call her
    My bfs stepdad- papi
    My bfs dad- idk
  • My mom is glamma (glamorous gram lol) my dad is papa hubz parents are nana and tatia (tuh tie uh) his gram is gg (great gram) and mine is nani were mostly italian and my fil is romanian