when.should. u midwife or doc be

Checking to see if Ur dilated or wot Ur cervics is like ??

Comments

• They generally don't check until about 37 weeks I believe...
  • Mine status checking at 35 weeks but I think 36 is normal.
  • edited April 2011
    Between 35 and 37 weeks is normal hun :) that's when they will do the group b strep test as well, then you can decide to every appointment or not.
  • they usually wait to check until they do your strep test around 37 weeks since ur allready neggid lol.. but after they check you the first time most doctors dont check again unless you ask them (doesnt have to be a reason either curiosity is good enough reason for most.)
  • Mine started at 35weeks but I have been having contractions si ce 31 weeks so that might be why.
  • Ok well I told midwife 3 weeks ago am having Sharp pelvic pain an lost plug am 35 +6 and still nt checked
  • they havnt touched my till I was in labour, we.even do our own strep b testing
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • During labor I only got checked like 4 times...when I got there, when I asked for epidural, after epidural started working and right before pushing! My Dr checked me at my appt before I went into labor-I wasn't dilated or thinned out at all yet. Just goes to show homebirthadvocate is right-not really a good indicator. I was 2 cm a week before I was due w my son and ended up being induced 6 days after his dd!
  • They dont like to start til your 36 or 37 because it can jump start labor or possibly give you an infection.
  • My Dr didn't start till 38 weeks cuz it can start labor.
  • What is the strep test and how do theydo it? @HomeBirthAdvocate ?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.