wanna go swimming??

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
Im 32 weeks pregnant and I know swimming is really good excersice while pregnant. I wanna go swimming today cause where I live its 85 today and it neveeerrr gets hot where I live. Ha but I have stretch marks on my legs and boobs and a big ol belly.. and my boyfriend always tells me my belly button looks gross cause i still have my belly ring in it. should I let these things stop me from going out in public in my bathing suit??

Comments

• Nope. Strut your stuff, girl!
  • The stretch marks is what's holding me back! Ha
  • NO!! Go and enjoy the nice day. :) wear a one piece of your that uncomfortable, or a wrap.
  • I only have two pieces :( and no wraps! Haha
  • edited May 2011
    oh heck no girl! don't let other's opinions of your body influence you going out and having fun. you're an absolutely gorgeous pregnant woman, and anyone with any respect and/or admiration for females and what they go through to keep this world populated will see that beauty.

and if you're really that self-conscious... wear a big tshirt over your bathing suit
  • Im a big girl size 18. Im pretty tall so alot of people dont believe me when I tell them Im 230 lbs which always boosts my self asteem BUT these damn strech marks!!! Ughhh I have them on my arms my boobs my stomach. Gosh I hate them but Iam determined not to let them stop me from flaunting my belly & enjoying thia summer so I went and got a 2 pcs bathing suit and a cute white cover up I love it. Go swim girl enjoy your day :)
  • Very nicely put(: @fae
    Its just we.re going to the beach with friends and im the only pregnant one and all the others are all skinny and whatnot. And my stretch marks! Ugh! Haha
  • Ohhhh a good idea too if you dont have any wraps use a white tank top shirt or one of your bd under shirts. It will atleast cover your tummy if you dont wanna show it
  • Heck go for it maybe you can catch a tan too. Its only supposed to get 70 here where I live cant wait to get to be outside in my two piece an catch some rays.
  • @mommy2beagain- that's how I feel about my stretch marks! Ugh I hate them! I really hope they go away after I deliver.
  • I'm not a skinny girl and now I'm showing, but I plan on wearing my purple bikini all summer! I don't give a s##t if anyone thinks its gross that I'm showing off my bump.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My hubby was surprised I wanted to get a maternity swimsuit. I told him, pregnant women aren't fat, they are beautiful and if someone has a problem w that they can suck it. :D go for it and tell him your belly button nub is beautiful- not gross!!!
  • I love how everyone could care less about what people say or think(: it makes me feel better(:
  • @jellybelly1015- well it looks a little weird cause I still have my belly ring in it. Haha that's why he says it looks weird.
  • if you're that uncomfortable go out and get a one pieace, do waist a day, it only takes a few mins to go buy one
  • HECK NO!!!! I cna not wait to go swimming! I just have to find a swim suit first! If people around you don't like, tell them not to look!
  • I was gonna, but I don't get paid til friday and I have no money right now! Haha cause I get paid every two weeks.@rachaelrodriguez229
  • Lol, you just gots some bling on your nub! I never had the guts to get belly ring. I did get a fake one, maybe i'll sport that if it pops this summer :) does it hurt? I always wondered when I saw them with preggy bellies. Never thought they were gross though, maybe I'm weird lol!
  • a pregnant belly is what u have and if no one likes it freak them!!girl don't let the crowd run u!!! do what u want , go have some fun:)
  • I was thinking about going swimming myself. Do what u feel comfortable with. Screw everyone else :)
  • @jellybelly1015- nottuh! Doesn't hurt at all. I got it pierced when I was a freshman in high school, now a junior, and it doesn't hurt at all. Didn't even hurt when I got it pierced. Ha but with my belly stretching, it doesn't hurt either. I got a maternity belly ring in it now. It only hurts when I bump it into something. Haha
  • Thanks everyone for the encouragement(: everyones so nice! And right. My son is in my belly, and if anyone has anything to say, I.ll letum have it! My boyfriend will too. Haha he always says, "if anyone says anything about you or my son, oh man they.ll wish they never did." (:
  • What is the difference between a regular and maternity belly ring?
  • @zekesmomma1 when I was doing aqua therapy 2x a week id wear swimming shorts and my bikini top but also wear a cami over my bikini top so ppl wouldn't stair...lol there were just too many old ppl around and I guess they there not to use to seeing a pregnant woman hang out like that haha
  • Haha that's funny @mommy2b2011
    Funny cause I would probably do the same thing! Good idea tho. I might just do that(: hehe but all my shorts dont fit me cause they.re from before I got pregnant and a size 1! (In juniors) Haha I dont think im a size one anymore!
  • @jellybelly1015- a maturity belly ring is like 2" long and I think like plastic. It bens like crazy so it moves with my growing tummy. Haha a regular one is shorter, way shorter, and metal and I just didn't want it to like scar my belly button. So I ordered the maternity one online
  • @zekesmomma1 try gym shorts? Or maybe shorts that are that sweatpants material...I just recently got guys gym shorts for 10 bucks at walmart and there so comfortable! (Mind you ill be 39 weeks Tuesday, I definitely dont fit much of my clothing anymore) lol
  • @mommy2b2011- my boyfriend has tons of bball shorts. I.ll steal some of his(: hehe
    I know how you feel about the clothes fitting thing. Haha I.ll be 32 weeks on Monday... well tomorrow! Haha
    So ur due like any day now huh?? Are you having a boy or girl?