I'm only nine weeks should I be showing?

edited February 2011 in September 2011
My belly seems big to me, it wasn't flat before I've had two kids but it seems big already

Comments

• MY bellies kinda big too. I have a 3 yr okd and 7 month old and im 9w1d. Im very petite so yoy can tell. Kinda looks like baby weight from my last babe.
  • Hi im 8 weeks n 3 days dis is my 1st baby my 3rd pregnancy..i think im showing to fast im very small only like 100 pounds n im only 5 feet..i think its crazy im showing but I think cus im really tiny
  • This is my third baby and I've been showing for a while. I'm 14wks today :-) I didn't pop out this quick with my two boys but guess this baby wants to be known lol I also have been told several times you usually show quicker with each pregnancy. Good luck to all!
  • I'm 9 weeks and 2 days, gained less 5 pounds, and I already look pregnant. Can't button my pants and my leggings are too tight around my tummy. I have to extend my button hole!

But I'm sure it's just bloating from gas and constipation. Gross, yes. But whatcha gonna do? Everyone at work insists I'm already showing and having twins. Maybe they just don't realize that pregnancy slows your metabolism and the prenatals block you up.
  • If it makes you feel better I'm going on 7weeks and I'm showing very bad my tummy is almost perfectly round. Kinda worried if its normal since this is my first child especially since I wasn't overweight prior.
  • I was working on getting skinny when I got pregnant. I'm 5'8" and was a size 16, had dropped to a comfy 14, getting close to 12. I think a size 10 would be skinny and healthy for my body shape. But now my big girl pants are tight again! And ive only gained 5 pounds! I could pull those babies off without unbuttoning in December. Now I can't even button them.

It's frustrating but I remind myself that it's for a good cause. And I can still get into a 10 ... eventually. This time next year I will be smoking hot!
  • Ok well as long as you guys think its ok and I'm sure since its the third that I'm going to show quicker. Thanks for the support:)
  • LOL jwigs we r Da same size this is my first. and my fiancée is freaking. LOL but telling every 1 he comes across :-D
  • Im 8w1d and ive only gained 4 lbs which I think is too much :-? But anyhow this is my.3rd and im believing you show earlier with each pregnancy. With my 1st I hid it til I was 6 mth-ish and the 2nd was about 5 mths yhis one is already starting to tell the world I am baby see my bump... ;;)
  • My husband and my mom can already see a difference. I'm 9 weeks 3 days and I can still fit into my skinny jeans, but they're lowriders and can go under my belly for now. My big pants are still too loose. At this point (especially for us first time mamas) its pretty much bloat. If I push a little, I feel my uterus tho :)
  • @newmommy_navywife I'm going threw the same thing! This is my first baby and I already have a tummy.. only 9w!
  • I haven't gain very much but my tummy is rounding out, I am 8wks and 3days. This is my second child and with my first I had a flat tummy till 7 1/2 mo I geuss I'm making up for it now. I'm glad I'm not the only one, with my first I was thin now I'm average I'm just hoping for a healthy amount of gain. Luck to everyone!
  • I haven't even had my first doctors appointment yet n my belly looks like I've been pregnant for 4 months, this is my 3rd pregnancy tho n I'm 8 wks today...gotta admit it is kinda freakin me out...who knows its probably normal for a third or there could be twins in there...we shall see next week.;)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I was 7 wks and already had a.pooch.
  • This is my first baby I'm due sept 17th and I'm 9 weeks and showing.. but I lost 5 pounds , and my stomach sure isn't flat no more ... I can't button my jeans anymore.. crazy and I just brought them before I found out I was pregnant.. ima need tht bella band :-)...
  • I'm 26 weeks and my belly just "popped" a few weeks ago but I have needed my b band since month 3
  • When i was around 9 weeks i thought "omg I'm showing already everybody will be able t tell I'm pregnant" and it was like that for me till about 20-22 weeks then i realized it was all bloating because now that my baby is actually sticking out i can tell the difference between bloated and real baby bump and also that whole time i thought my pregnancy was so obvious, no one ever noticed i was pregnant! And when i was 21 weeks my Mom, who lives with me ok, said 'dang victoria your starting to show' and i wanted to cry because i thought i had been showing. It was that moment i realized i just looked super fat the whole time but now I'm definitley looking like i swallowed a beach ball and to make myself feel better i bought a shirt from spencers that says IM NOT FAT IM KNOCKED UP lol just thought id share my experience with showing vs bloated.
  • Yeah, I bought a shirt for when it happens, or when I find out for sure. 8 weeks late for a period and no positive test. I also got my tshirt at spencers. It says he knocked me up with a hand pointing a finger to one side!
  • Im 14 weeks and already have a belly...it adds up with ur baby fat from previous kids. u should b fine! :) greatest luck!
  • I'm 10 weeks and 4 days. I started to wear some maternity clothes at the beginning of the month. My husband finally agreed that my boobs were getting bigger. I'm short but I wasn't skinny or fat. Maybe a lil chub before.
  • Im 92 lbs, this is also my first. Haven't had my first ultrasound yet. But I'm 8wks and 4ds, I definitely have a belly. Maybe it is just bloating? Or twins? Yikes lol.
  • I'm 9 weeks and 2 days. I definately notice a little pudge,I'm only 94 lbs,maybe that's why I notice this early.??
  • I was reading up just now in what to expect and it says by 8 weeks you should notice a lil rounding of the belly so don't feel bad if u feel like its too soon to start showing. @babiescomin2011 im like you 94lbs now I've gained a pound lol and I'm almost 8 week and I too have noticed a lil pudge we are prob just going to naturally show sooner... :-D
  • I'm 11 weeks (monday) this will be my 3rd child. I'm definately busting out of my pants. I feel like mine is more bloat than anything..can't wait for a real "baby bump".
  • Ashley17 I guess so :) and that's fine with me
  • @babyboyontheway...

Does spencers have a website... that sounds like a cool shirt... I would love to have one!
  • @DawnwaarsBaby try spencersonline.com or google spencers gifts and see if there is a store close to u because not all things in store are online. :D