got a new job ! when do i tell my boss im prego

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
So my hunny lost his job a month ago that ment time for me to start looking so I did I got a job I started yesterday Monday. So I'm nervous about telling my employer cause we really need this job so when would it be the right time

Comments

• I got a p/t time job in december that started at the end january. I told my boss the first day of work...but we weren't depending on that income to live.
  • my dads advice when i was looking for a job was don't tell them. theres nothing they can do about it anyways. you can't be fired for being pregnant.
  • Well u need to be upfront w them.. they can't fire u if ur prego so no worries
  • Im n the same position as u!! This is my second week and I was not sure when to tell them about my pregnancy!! Everyone is telling me to wait until my probation period is over or at least a couple weeks but I really want to tell them now!! So I think u will tell them this week sometime or the beginning of next week! I would say wait at least a week to tell them so u can prove to them that u can do a good job! I'm a lil afraid to tell them because I'm on probation n they can fire me at ne time!! So when people tell u they can't fire u bcuz ur pregnant if ur on probation they can fire u at ne time!!
  • Thanks u. Guys I think I'm going to tell them today I'm 22 weeks and I'm showing so I don't think it woll be a surprise @brookentony I am a temp so we really in the same boat lol but I should be ok I have shown my dedication so I think well be fine
  • Dont tell them. As long as you can preform your job duties it is not neccessary to tell them. They will find out when you get a little bigger. Then I would talk to them about your time off and your abilities keep doing the job.
  • yeah I wouldnt tell them either wait till someone asks