i really hate to ask ths... if u like to judge, dnt respond..

edited May 2011 in First Trimester
PLZ DO NOT JUDGE OR BE MEAN OR RUDE TO ME.. EVERYBDIES MADE SUM MISTAKES WHILE PREGNANT

Ok, i am 9wks today.. I'm not gunna sugar coat a long story... but, i havnt smoked pot in almst over a year... last night i had bout 5small hits off a pipe.. didn't get me stoned or anything, jus took the edge off... i dnt plan on doin it again... its jus last night wuz effed up & i hurt (emotionaly) bad.. so my mom (yet again DONT JUDGE I JUS NEED HELP.) Gave me a lil, i said no & she said she smoked for like 3 or 4 mos pregnant w me... i wuz a healthy bby, i have no allergies, no head problems, i take no meds, nada. Well i smoked an started thinkin, omg... well my question is ths, how long will tht lil bit stay in Mine & my bbys system? The thc.. will it show in dec 2011 whn i give birth? I have a blood test coming up.. will thy chk 4 it? Plz lemme know, i herd it will stay in the fluids surrounding bby & will keep getting recycled..?

Comments

• An i live in MO & herd thy chk bby for drugs whn born
  • edited May 2011
    First off..stop now before damage is done! Second I dnt think it will still be there but if you are only 9 weeks then how would tho know you didnt do it before you got preggo. I think u are fine.
  • Doctors don't normally check for it in your normal pregnancy bloodtests. I think thx regularily will leave your system within a month or less, think hair follicles may take a little longer. There should be no trace by December if u don't do It again
  • A heavy smoker would take 90 days to clear their system from a urine test. Seven days for blood tests. If you have only smoked once in. A year it will prolly only take a couple of weeks to clear your system. It sticks to your fat cells so it kinda depends on ur metabolism. Hope this helped.
  • Here's a whole bunch of information that might help answer whatever questions you have. http://mobile.mothering.com/pregnancy-birth/use-of-marijuana-during-pregnancy

Seems like smoking might have been worth all the worry it's causing you, though.
  • I'm in il and when they took blood at my 12 week app they tested me for drugs and they checked my sisters baby for drugs and she had him this march
  • I believe they don't test for drugs unless someone tells the hospital you have been smoking. I have two cousins that smoked their whole pregnancies one even the day she went into the hospital to have the baby. One did have problems but that was bcuz someone called child protective services on her the other didnt have a problem at all.
  • Don't worry about it hun I smoked weed for the first 5 every night. I didn't know I was pregnant. My baby girl is completely healthy. I wouldn't do it again. But dhs didn't even come to my door or anything. Just make sure you don't do it continually. Smoking pot while prego is better than smoking cigarettes by a long shot.
  • P.s. I don't in any way condone any smoking while pregnant or around baby.
  • @KrazymomofAdrian - whew! I'm glad you got that last bit in there cuz I was ready to go make some popcorn and pull up my midget ottoman for when the fireworks started to fly. Lol! :-j
  • 1st of all there is a study showing women who smoked pot during their pregnancy are more likely to have easy goin babies. Don't sweat it girl. One day its guna b legal! Helps wit my morning sickness &&helps mee eat on the days I feel like spending the day attached to the toilet
  • TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION, no it will be out of your system by then.
  • Hmm not sure but when they did me a blood test they checked for drugs too but it all came out negative .. I've never smoked weed and not sure how thats done either ?
  • My question to everyone who smokes pot while pregnant is why risk it?

Especially with how pot is laced alot of times, not like when your mother was smoking it while pregnant. Dealers will lace it with chemicals to give what they sell a bigger high so people buy from them. Sometimes even with dangerous household chemicals. I had a friend in high-school who was hospilized and almost died from this.

I did it high-school, I have friends who do it now. I'm not judging you, I'm not saying it is wrong. Personally I feel it should be legalized because (non-laced) it has many health benefits, especially compaired to cigarettes and alcohol. But just like certain medications you shouldn't use it while pregnant.
  • Any drugs done will be in babys first poo (meconium...sp?) from what I hear. Some states can test your baby for drugs without your consent but its not something they do regularly I don't think. I don't agree with smoking weed(or anything for that matter) while pregnant and obviously you don't think its ok either otherwise you wouldn't even care. Life is hard without being pregnant. So being pregnant makes things 10X worse. Honestly you stressing out all day would have probably been worse for baby than smoking weed one time. If no one knows, (doctors or nurses) chances are they won't test your baby so don't stress too much. Good luck to you and I hope things get better.
  • Well as i said, i havnt smoked in over a year almst, it wuz one time bout 5 hits.. my blood test i have up to 4wks to take.. I'm not a stoner & i dnt smoke ciggs either, I've been actually being really good bout everything but jus slipped up... i ask y'all cuz y'all are newer to it thn my 50 yr old mom lol. An i dnt plan on smokin anymore thank u.. its one of evry once in a blue moon things... an last night, yah, i quit feeling sick an could eat frm puking so much & felt better getting water down... so whn will my blood test be negative? Its the test after a pap smear to make sure ur clean of herps & stuff.. lol sry to laugh
  • I herd about the poop thing too... i also herd if its just a lil, thyll still snd it over, but there won't be a big deal made cuz its the weakest of all drugs.. an trust me, ths wuznt no laced effed w weed.. jus sum regular ol dirt weed tht she got for free.. nothing fancy.. I'm not gunna risk isk it again.. last night wuz to get the stress level down.. i herd stress is horrible for the bby & criren & pukin sux.
  • Well, I smoked up until I was 5 weeks pregnant, but I had no idea I was pergnant. To be honest, I'm not scared about it. I think you'll be okay hon, just don't do it anymore and you should be alright. :)
  • Oh sorry I thought I put it in my response but yea out should be out if your system, but it may be in your placenta still. Thats what my doctor said. May have been to scare me though. Call anonymously to l&d. But you should be fine. @blueberrysmom yea I almost forgot that lol. Shit would have hit the fan maybe.
  • Yah i dnt plan on it will it be in my 1st blood test? In bout 2 to 3weeks?? I'm not a bad mom or a bad person.. i wuz jus so hurt by my fiances mother! Callin me names & sh*t sayin she duznt care bout ths bastard child! Whn she wuznt married w either one of her kids,& her 2nd is an oops & tried starving herself to death whn she found out!! Her words.
  • I was a habitual pot smoker. As soon as I found out I quit. Any smoke is not good and I don't want to create any extra problems. If your stressed or w e there are other ways to deal. I go for walks all the time
  • Wut is l & d? I almst wanna get ahold of an old friend cuz she's a straight pot head.. an has 2 kids.. but havnt talked to her in awhile... hmm.. thnk u so much.. I'm jus worried bout blood test.. i told doc i used to smke but i dnt anymre.. an it wuz the truth.. so yah its gunna look like i lied to her now :( an i mean, it wuz very very small amount! If it stays in ur bbys system tht long, couldnt i say i did it once b4 i really knew i wuz pregnant? ? How bad is tht? I dnt buy it or own it & sold my pieces 8mos ago lol. So yah..
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I dont agree with smoking while preggo .. But I was an everyday all day smoker begore I got preggo & smoked til I was abt 12wks I just delivered my healthy baby boy on 4-21 & if he was tested they never said anything to me ... now since I have him I think im done smoking .forever my mommy instincts have kicked in
  • Did u smke ciggs or pot?? An it wuz once... at 9wks . I think it will still br in the 1st bby poo. But i think it might not be... idk. :( ths is mine & my fiances 1st & we want it. Fiances rly straight edge so its gunna be hard to tell him if things happen. :(
  • @yayFTM I wouldnt worry about it too much..a friend of mine smoked until almost 7 months and her baby and her were both clean when she gave birth...I also smoked a bunch before I knew I was prego (my baby wasnt planned) I quit once I found out because I didnt want to get my baby high.. but I know a lot of women who did it a lot more and a lot longer while pregnant and their babies/children are all developmentally healthy...
  • Well thnk u. Hope the positives are correct lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited May 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I mean I'm not saying go smoke as much pot as u can get ur hands on but in moderation. Some say a glass of wine is ok as long as u ain't drinking the whole bottle everyday. Some may defend its necessary. I say better then cigs cos we KNOW the negs but wat do we really know abt weed?! Except all the medical pros? We know pot alone doesn't give u cancer (: