Had my Dr.'s Appointment today and Brielle and I have gained......

edited May 2011 in Health
5LBs!!! I guess I should say I gained 5lbs. I hadnt gained any weight as of my last appt., so my doctor has asked me to gain 4lbs by this appt. Im petite and have never gained weight easily so worried about how to gain healthily at first. After going to my last sonogram and seeing that Brielle is healthy and develping just fine I decided to stop trying. I got rid of the ensure and just ate balanced meals. It happened on its own. Im going to continue to eat this way because I realize that now theres now where to go but up from here. If I continue this pace I will have put on an extra 25lbs by the end of my pregnancy which is alot for my frame. Im not going to stress about another pound as long as my baby and I are healthy.

Comments

• i was very little before pregnancy and always have been little but now its no problem. l0l! my dr said she wanted me to gain only 35lbs but 40lbs at the most, as of today ive gained 32lbs and still got under 9 weeks to go. so im pretty sure im going to be going over what she wanted. l0l!
  • you shouldnt stress over weight gain. there are plenty of women who dont gain a single pound when pregnant. my mother lost weight with all three of her children and stayed at that weight until her 8th month. when you need to gain weight to help baby your body will do it all on its own. and Brielle is such a cute name!!!
  • LMAO! I gained 5 lbs and my doc said, "slow down, hippo!" Well...I may have inserted the hippo part myself, but his eyes definitely said "HIPPO!' :O :'(
  • @Ittybitty Im afraid I wont be able to walk if I gain that much weight. Lol.

@trying4first Thanks. That was her name before I even knew she was a girl. I tried to explore other options after the fact but we've been calling her that so long nothing else sounds right. Looks like shes stuck with it now.

@booface That was my moms reation. lol. 5lbs a month really adds up when you think about it.
  • how far along are u?
  • brielle is a pretty name
  • congratulations momma ur halfway through.. I started at 108 and I'm a wopping 146 now lol..
  • @bebita86 Thanks. Its the only thing Dad agrees on.

@huneybee Thanks. I was 108 to start as well. Im 5'2
  • Yay! I love gaining its so exciting :)
  • OMG... I'm naming my daughter Brielle too. Brielle Emani. Im 28 weeks and the name came to me during my pregnancy. I fell in love because my name is Briana and my sister is Brittany. My dads name starts with Bri too! Congrats, I never saw anyone else on the app with the name!
  • What's ur Brielle's middle name?
  • edited May 2011
    @due8311 Great minds think alike. We haven't settled on a middle name yet but we're thinking of Denise after my mom. I like names with meaning so I wanted at least one of her names to be after someone important. Congrats to you as well
  • I (honestly) wouldn't like Denise but I like it after Brielle. Brielle Denise. I like it!
  • and the meaning is definitely worthy @mommys1stbundle
  • @due8311 Ya its definitely not something I would pick otherwise.
  • i thought the same thing. lmao
    but its all belly and butt. i didnt need anymore booty but that was the first place the weight went
  • I'm 5'2 also haha... I turned 39 weeks Monday and doctor estimated bb to wiegh 7.3 lbs. said if I go to my due date may 16th he should be 7.8 iv gained a total of 38 lbs.
  • @huneybee I had to go look at your profile pic to see what I'm in for. Lol. The funny thing is I have a pelvic tatoo also. Mine is butterflies. They already look like they're trying to escape. Lol.