cerclage

I go in tomorrow for my cerclage, I had an emergency one with my son 9 yrs ago and have no clue what I'm in for. Has anyone had one?

Comments

• I got mine in april 14. Its not that bad at all. It only takes about 30 mins then u will have some cramping and spotting for about 2 days but thats it.
  • @kls1181 I go in for mine tomorrow as well. I don't really know what to expect either, but I hear it's not so bad!
  • @new_baby_in_Oct its not bad at all unless u gotta b on strict bedrest like I am I had my cerclage put in in March n have it remove in July...I was put to sleep n wen I woke up I was sore n da next few days a lil spotting
  • What's a cerlage?
  • Please ladies keep me up to date on what goes on. I also had an emergency one 12 years ago. I will have mine next month. How many weeks are the ladied getting them done tomorrow?
  • Jus had one last week and I feel normal. Im not on bedrest but im on pelvic rest. Procedure was very fast. I was put under but most ladies hav a spinal.
  • @babynewyear2012 I am getting mine fine tomorrow at 17wks 5days. Cervix is measuring just under 2.5 cm. Not dialated at all, nor is it softening.

@TeeMommie2 I.m having a spinal. My docs said bedrest for 1-2wks and then I can resume all normal activities, which doesnt seem so bad to me! Its still scary knowing that they are messing around up there near my baby, but I know its whats best. Keep him cookin!
  • @new_baby_in_oct mine will be done at 12-13 weeks. He said inpatient for 24 hours home from work for 5 days and then it depends on how I am doing if we do bedrest again....good luck to you in the morning.
  • @brttnywstn14 a cerclage is a large stitch that goes into the cervix to tie keep it closed for mommies that have a incompetent cervix. Looks like a long bread tie to me.
  • I might be getting this too. I had a LEEP done a few years ago so they did a u/s today to check the length of my cervix. I am so nervous I'm only 14 weeks. Will it be OK??
  • @chuieycuzca22 you will be better with it than without it if you have had any cervical procedures. I had Cervical Cancer at the age of 18 that is why I have to have it.
  • Yeah that was me too. I know it will be for the best I guess I just worry about the baby. Its nice to know others who had it and had good pregnancies.
  • @babynewyear2012 o ok thank you! Good luck to all you mommies that have to have that done!!!
  • Thanks ladies I will keep everyone updated tomorrow. I'm 14 weeks tomorrow. I have an incompetent cervix and they said that it has already shortened.
  • @kls11811 good luck to you. Please keep us updated.

Lots of prayers for all of us ladies and babies!
  • This makes my 5th one. I had a spinal,discharged same day,bed rest and pelvic rest. I thank God for them cause all of the women n my family have IC.
  • Just got home from the hospital. Everything went great. I had a spinal and the whole procedure took about 20 min. I have really bad cramping but the dr says its normal.
  • @kls11811 glad you are home and it went well!
  • @kls11811 just got home from having my cerclage placed as well. I had a spinal and horrible cramping (that they said could last up to a week). Spotting as well. My baby is fine though and all stitched in, safe and sound! Hope we both stop cramping soon. Good luck to you!
  • @new_baby_in_oct I'm happy to hear your surgery was a success as well. This cramping is crazy. I hope we both get some pain relief soon.I found a heating pad helps.
  • If you have this procedure can you have sex?
  • No. Complete pelvic rest. Can't even orgasm. :-( but atleast the baby will be ok. Some couples still do but its dangerous. You can go into preterm labor and pop the stitches (cerclage).
  • I know the dr sd pelvic rest @ first...then I cd not fight the urge ne more...tmi I know but hubby and I were safe & its our 5th. :)
  • @kls11811 & @new_baby_in_oct How are you ladies doing? Hope all is going well!
  • @babynewyear2012 I haven't been doing so well. My cerclage is holding up well but I've been experiencing a lot of pains and contractions which lead to go in to the hospital for a day. They can't figure out why I'm having these stomach pains but they discovered that I have placenta previa. Its only partial and they said not to worry that in most cases it fixes itself and I think to myself yea right I'm not most cases. Preying that everything goes ok when I have my next appt in 2 weeks. They also found skin,tissue in my urine (tmi) and have no clue why. They said the baby looks great and it's not coming from my baby or uterus so I have no clue. Just taking it easy and preying.
  • @kls11811 I am sorry you are having such problems. Placenta Previa does typically correct itself but it is a pain to deal with the bleeding and everything that goes along with it. The urine is strange but maybe it ia nothing to worry about. Good Luck and keep me posted. I am so scared about my cerclage!
  • I prey that everything turns out well for you.
  • @kls1181 Havent seen anything from you lately. Just wanted to see how you are doing. I also would like to ask you some questions if you dont mind. My email is marxgrl@gmail.com. I dont know anybody going through what I am going through and just have some questions.
  • I am doing really good. My email is katieschwind3281@gmail.com.
  • @kls11811 Hey I tried to email you but fir some reason my phone said your email doesn't exist. Crazy I know. Send me an email please so I can make sure I have it right. Thank you much!