Is anyone....

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
Using or have used evening primrose oil to help start labor?

I did tonight and after I did it I felt bad like I was gonna hurt the baby! Has anyone done this?

Comments

• not me I've tried everything elles tho cept for castor oil.. i don't know what that primrose oil is... how far are u??
  • edited May 2011
    I didn't try it with my son and went 8 days overdue when they induced me. Here's what What to Expect When Your Expecting says... (I'm sure we all have or have read this book, lol)

http://www.whattoexpect.com/photo-gallery/ways-to-induce-labor/evening-primrose-oil.aspx

Although sex isn't always comfortable at the very late stages of pregnancy, semen has been known to help dilate a ripe cervix and orgasms mimic contractions. Good luck girls!
  • @huneybee 38 wks.... its like lil gel caps u put inside you suppose to help start labor.... ahhh I'm 1 cm but my Dr said if I ripen just a lil bit more she'll induce me next week.... so I'm trying everything. What have u tried?
  • edited May 2011
    36 & 3 days. I have been inserting one capsule every night since Sunday. I didn't use it with my first but I certainly hope it helps with this one. At my appt Tuesday I was 75% effaced idk if the epo had anything to do with it.
  • @onemoreontheway do you go to a midwife or ob? Do they know? I didn't even think of asking thought it was a natural remedy.....
  • I walked a whole lot and it helped dialate me a little more umm nipple stimulation gave me a couple real light contractions but made my nipps real sore :( andd I'm bout to try jumping off a few small stairs I hear that works wonders ohh and I'm gonna try squats too I heard those also help allllot. I just wouldn't suggest using methods that involve reaching over your head cuz it can cause umbilical cord to get wrapped around ur baby..
  • I go to a regular doctor but he specializes in c sections and difficult vaginal deliveries. He says it's safe as long as my bag of waters is intact. I will likely be induced on the 24th after I have an ultrasound that day so I want to make sure my cervix is ready to be induced.
  • Lol @huneybee you are on a mission! :)
  • @onemoreontheway ok makes me feel better ill call my doctor tomo totell her just invade!
    Lol @hunneybee you are on a mission!
  • edited May 2011
    @onemoreontheway yeppp :) my grammy drove a long ways to see this baby boy and I don't want her to leave without meeting him..
  • Yeah it never hurts to ask your doctor.

@huneybee I would be trying everything possible too then!