5 weeks & so nervous

edited January 2011 in First Trimester
Hi, I just found out last week that I'm 5 weeks pregnant. I'm extremely excited but I'm so nervous. I read that 20% of all pregnancies end in miscarriage during the first trimester & now I can't sleep. Has anyone ever gone through these terrifying thoughts? If so, can you please tell me how you dealt with them.

Comments

• I am also 5 weeks along. But this is my second child. I was really nervous with my first one too. I'm scared with this one too but u gotta be positive and relax. I just remember to breath in and out and everything will work out. The more u relax the better u can sleep too. Hope this helps a little.
  • @mrs hudson, im 4 weeks pregnant and am extremely nervous also. I have a 16 year old and its been a long time for me. im just trying to keep positive thoughts
  • Hi Adrianne, thank you for taking the time to comment. I appreciate it. For some reason its always a little easier when you know someone has been through is going through the same thing. I wish you luck with your pregnancy & congrats on baby #2.
  • Mrs Stevie, do you have problems sleeping? I haven't had a good nights rest in almost 5 days. In all honesty, this pregnancy wasn't planned but now that it has happened my hubby & I are so excited. I want this baby so badly, the thought of something going wrong really makes me nervous.
  • I'm six weeks, first pregnancy, and have the same anxiety about miscarriage. It is hard not to think about!! I take it one day at a time and let nature take its course...if only that is as calming as it should be
  • I am 6 weeks gone and i did get worried about miscarriage because of i had a miscarriage 3 weeks into it. But i tried to do everything my doctor advised and its hormones that can affect. Sleep try not to worry . The baby will be fine
  • Hi everybody, im know 5w pregnant with #2 and im feeling a bit more relaxed. With #1 i coudnt sleep, very anxious. Only with my sonogram at 20w did i begin to feel like it would be ok. So now i keep thinking its going to be fine, sleep well and be positie. But it is hard not to think about :-(