19 and pregnant

edited May 2011 in Teen moms
with my first baby and i have no idea what all is need i mean i know a crib, diapers, clothes, and all that good stuff but i just wanna know the basics that u will need at first please and thank u :)

Comments

• I'm 15 & pregnant with my first too .
    Hmm I would like to figure out that too ?
    How far along are you ?
  • 19 and pregnant here and wondering the same thing...
  • im 18 weeks and 5 days
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 19 & pregnant too..
  • I'm 19 prego with my first and due august 25th.
  • I'm due October 10
  • pads n breast pads 2, I had my first at 19, 23 now having 3rd n final
  • @AmandaS19 im 19 and pregnant too and my names is also amanda s lol this is my first baby as well ! I just had my baby showr and got lots of clothes onesies bibs burp cloths hats mittens booties socks wipes diapers diaper rash cream lots of bath stuff washcloths baby powder shampoo body wash baby lotion receiving blankets baby qtips nail clippers nose sucker thermometer crib sheets and bedding set I also got some teething toys but thats for a little down the road. Im breastfeeding but if not def bottles and a bottles brush and nipple cleaner .. If breastfeeding make sure u get things for urself like nursing pads lansolin crean maybe a boppy ...if I think of any thing else ill let u know! Im so excited but its scary beimg a young first time mom...if ur want to talk im here!
  • I'm 19 with my first coming too!
    I've had a lot of practice though with my 6 younger siblings.

But you definitely want bottles, burp rags, blankets, stroller, carseat, diapers, wipes, rash cream, lotion, baby soap, baby towels, warm clothes for bedtime if its winter, pacifiers, nursing covers(if breast feeding), bottle brushes laundry detergents for babys(its easier on their skin), bumpers for the crib so they can roll around in their crib, try not to but too much newborn clothes..they grow out of those sooooo fast! And yeah, that's all I can think of off the top of my head ha.

Good luck and congrats!(:
  • 19 and pregnant too! seems like theres a lot of us lol due june 11th :)
  • Was 19 a week ago and pregnant:) still young though lol and im due oct 10th:) hmm I think were all lost in this first baby thing:( I hope we all get answers these babies are coming soon:) good luck to all of you:)!
  • i'm 19 and 31 weeks, one thing you guys should know is never by clothes in newborn size, your baby will grow so fast the wont fit, always go for 3-6month sizes. if your buyn a crib comfter set never by the bumber because its a hazard, your bby can suffocate, play yards are an essential you'll get more use out of it than a crib
  • im 19 and 33weeks and 1day pregnant and due on july 15th 2011.
  • If you go to BabiesrUs for example and start a registry, they give you a whole check list and will show you what is necessity and other things that you might want but don't necessarily need.
  • Just wondering...whats the difference if u are 19 or (23 like me) and pregnant for the first time. A first time mother is always gonna be lost in the beggining no matter what. Please dont tell me u r one of those members trying to start drama cuz u know how fast someone might try to judge u because of your age.
  • @ExcitedforOctober I was going to ask that, I see a lot of people putting their ages and it's confusing to me. That's like saying "Hello I'm 24 and Constipated, HELP!" Lol
  • I totally just felt like someone in an AA meeting lol
  • @addi3886 well doesn't it confuse you too? Maybe it's some new thing we don't knw about
  • @addi3886 I bought every single pregnancy book there was, and read them all cover to cover. I'm now called the pregnancy encyclopedia in my family lol.
  • @ExcitedForOctober maybe she just wants someone close to her in age that's a great way to find belly buddies!!!
  • @PrettyMommy86 Lol I just cannot stand attention seekers!
  • @Mybabe in that case she would have said "Anybody 19 and pregnant?" "want a belly buddy" etc.
  • @addi3886 Boy we just keep taking the words out of eachothers mouths lol! I was also gonna say that...
  • @addi3886 might be just a preference thing you never know... some people feel they may have a lot more in common with someone there age just on my opinion...
  • @Mybabe Thats understandable, thats your opinion though, my opinion is that it was probably trying to start a little drama of some sort. We may never know though...lol
  • @ExcitedForOctober not necessarily she is free to title it whatever she wants LOL!!! She just wants people close in age relax its just a simple question she asked LOL...
  • @Mybabe Oh I'm relaxed, just voicing my OPINION! ...LOL
  • @ExcitedForOctober good I thought yoou may have been really angry at what She put