19 and pregnant

Comments

• @mybabe but why would a 19 year old be looking for advice on what to get baby only from another 19 year old? It's not a general post, she was looking for advice from people who have been through this, that certainly isn't a 19 year old only post.
  • Why is everyone trying to assume she has ulterior motives?? All she wanted was a list of baby necessities....who cares how old she is, but she probably stated her age to reinforce how inexperienced she is. Which is fine. Geez.
  • @addi3886 I always felt comfortable around people my age its just whatever people prefer... everyone is different
  • @PrettyMommy86 Very very good point...
  • @starxoxo9 that is true as well!!!
  • edited May 2011
    @starrxoxo9 apparently she cares about her age, she's the one that posted it lol. I never said anything about her motives, just confused as to why she put her age in the first place. Asking about what she needs for baby alone lets people know she needs help, didn't realize age was a requirement in letting people know you're a first time mom.
  • Maybe she mentioned being 19 cause she feels silly not knowing what she needs because she lacks life experience in the area. Or maybe because she was looking for someone older with exp to answer.
  • If you guys need a little help there is a book called the pregnancy bible.... It tells you everything you need to know and more
  • What does it matter why she posted her age?? That's the point I'm trying to make. @prettymommy86
  • A swing or bouncey chair that vibrates worked wonders for my cousin who I watched constantly bath tubs that fit in the sink r nice too n baby gas drops to ease their tummy lots of onesies burp rags wash clothes.... a monitor is a nice thing to have. And just FYI when putting together ur crib be very careful with the padding that goes around it babies r getting stuck between that n the rails n they can suffocate horrible to think I know but I was just warned about this yesterday n I'm glad I was. U will want tons of photo albums n a good camera if u don't have one already :D u will find out u never knew u could take n love that many pictures
  • I'm just now starting my registry and I'm 15 w. Just go section by section. It makes it sooo much easier! Think about your lifestyle as well. Do you go to different places often? Then you'd want a great stroller. Do you have a separate room for baby or limited space? That'll decide between crib or pack n play or both. Good luck!! :)
  • go to a store look in the baby section. you probably need it all!! haha
  • I'm due with my first also. You need bibs,bottles, baby monitor, um baby thermometer, teething rings, binkies
  • WOW THEIR R ALOT OF RUDE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE. ITS NO ONES BUSINESS Y I POSTED MY AGE ITS NON OF UR D**N BUSINESS IF U DONT LIKE WHAT I POST DONT READ IT OR COMMENTS ITS THAT EASY.
  • onesies, bottles, paci, bottle sterilizer, brb cloths, wash clothes, baby lotion, shampoo, soap, obviously lots of diapers and wipes, def a big diaper bag, changing pad for when u go out, (also for yourself in the hospital very heavy pads And something very comfy to wear home) nail clippers, baby first aid kit, forehead thermometer is very nice!!

I'm just trying to think lol I wasn't completely prepared when my son was born via emergency csection a month ago.
  • Everyone--
    Keep in mind the rules set forth by Martin & that are strongly enforced by the Support Team. This is not a place to judge. She asked a question, that doesn't give anyone the right to bash her for posting her age or anything else for that matter. Please stop or further action will be taken. Thank you.

Mrs Del Rae, Pregly Support
  • >_>

Anyway, I'm 19 and pregnant with my first too. I went to Babies R Us and got their list. I crossed off stuff I don't need like a changing table (pack n plays come with them attached) and then I just scanned anything I liked or thought I'd need based off the list. It's pretty fun actually :) I've heard that swings are a must but diaper genies are a waste if money. The only time I could see using a diaper Genie is if I lived in a big house and didn't feel like taking every smelly diaper to the garbage. I live in a teeny apartment and I plan on doing cloth diapers.
  • Something to place under their heads so it doesn't get flat! I just learned that one..
  • I'm 19 too.. ill be 20 on new years day :)
  • im not 19 but im 22 with my first! super excited! heres the list i made!! baby monitor, rattles, teethers, exerciser, swing, crib, nasal aspirator, diaper pail, outlet covers, thermometer, wiper warmer, pack and play, travel ayatem, nigth light, breast pump, nursing pads, regular pads, nursing pillow, bottle brush, bottles, baby lotion, baby wash, bibs, high chair, baby towels, bouncer, wash cloths, activity gym, brush/comb, nail clipers, pacifiers, baby shampoo, blankets, burping rags, wipes, diapers, rash ointment, little hats, socks, sun hats, baby hangers, laundry soap(im using all free and gental its cheaper than dreft), hamper, baby tub, drying station, sun shade for the car windows!! thats all i know i have more than this though but thats what i have on my list as my basic needs lol
  • I'm 19 and prego and me and my bf took a lamaz class at the hosp were delivering at it was sooooo much help. Not only did it tell us everything we'd need, it helped us with a birthing plan and it also really helped us figure out parenting styles we want to follow not just what our parents or friends did. It was only $100 for both of us too so only 50 a person. Best money ever spent!
  • edited June 2011
    @AmandaS19 I'm 19 and pregnant too ill be 20 when baby is born but I'm 26w5d.. Congrats
  • Ok I disagree with dont buy nb size clothes that just isnt the smartest comment made u shuld buy a few outfits n onsies to suffice ur lil one til he/she can fit into 0-3mnth clothes!!! As for crib bumpers as long as theyre completely secure ull.be ok most babies dont even roll in their sleep til like 6months or older anyways n thats whn it becomes "hazardous" so to s
  • @onmy3rdangel It is not about rolling. Crib bumbers are a cause of SIDS. Simply because of restricted ventilation throughout the crib. They are hazardous at any age. Especially in newborns.
  • 19 and preggo here too :) k theres a bunch of baby kits out there and i think u should get whatever from paceys to the nose sucker thing lol. I know i will .
  • Hey girl :) im 18 preggo with my first a girl!!! And made a giant list lol but the posts her pretty much covered it all. This will be my first but I've been working around kids age newborn up to 12 since I was 15 which I know is totally not the same as being a mom but still I learned a lil... if u plan on breastfeeding great:) however its handy to keep bottles formula and nursery water on hand Incase baby for some reason wont adjust to bfing or if u stop producing milk. Also diapers!!!! Tons of diapers they even make ones for newborns that have the cut out on them so it wont hurt babys umbilical cord part. :) ill post more when I think of it
  • I'm also 19 and pregnant with my first due august 2nd, I've learned A LOT from baby books but if you aren't big on reading you can just Google baby check list and tons of lists come up about things you'll need for the first 6 months!
  • edited July 2011
    Wow didnt know there were so many 19yr olds on here. Im 19 and had my first baby in may. Its nice to see alot of girls I can relate to on here :) buy lots and lots of diapers and wipes. They go through SO many lol. I dont use a bumper in his crib, just a fitted crib sheet.lotions dry out my sons skin so I use baby oil after his baths.a baby tub, washclothes, baby wash/shampoo,diaper bag, changing pad for public restrooms,desitin is a miracle worker, sleepers for night time(the zip up ones are easier when your tired in the middle of the night). Think I repeated some stuff above oops lol.Thats all I can think of for right now.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.