where can i get a pelvic belt & do they help

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
I have horrible ligament and lower back pain, will a pelvic belt help and if so where can I purchase one.

Comments

• I know u can get one at babies r us but I'm not sure if it will help with ur back pain it just helps hold up da heavy belly
  • I have a "body shaper" it looks like a tank top but the middle is supportive, u may have seen them advertise on tv, they come with shorts also. Its not made for bein pregnant but it really helps my back when I wear it. They come in blak an beige. Its helpd me a lot with my pelvis an back.
  • I got one for free on freecycle.org. (We also got a free bouncer and a brand new swing!)
  • I got one off of amazon and im not convinced. It does help but it doesn't completely get rid of the pain. I got it to help with the horrible pelvic pains I've been having. I've only had a chance to try it once so maybe they work better the more you wear it?
  • Thanks for the advice im gonna look more into it :)
  • @BabyKixALot I went 2 the website but idk where 2 go 2
  • @keeleab Go to Babiesrus and try it on. Thats what I did and bought it. I like the support it gives me.
  • Also look into belly bra, the belt didn't work well for me.
  • Okay thanks everyone
  • @keelab it's dot ORG not dot COM.
  • @BabyKixALot Yeah I found it, im supose 2 get gift cards but it seems like a scam, how did u get that where did u go on the website
  • I just joined the group in my city and kept my eyes open. People are always giving away free baby stuff. Some of it is crap, and some is awesome! Not only did I get those things, but I got rid of a mattress I had to a needy family to make room in the nursery. Just use your good judgement. If it seems like a scam to you, it probably is. Personally, I have only had pleasant experiences on freecycle.org. I like the idea of throwing away less...
  • I got one through my clinic it worked great till she dropped then she would kick it even though I swore it was under her and I've not had problems at all this pregnancy with baby kicking it I love it it supports and cut the pain
  • They don't have a babies R us here I thought they would have one somewhere round here. Im gonna ask my doctor