How Big Was Your Baby At 28weeks?

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
I'm 28 weeks and my baby girl is 3 pounds 10 ounces. How about your bundle of joy how big is or was ur baby at 28 weeks?

Comments

• Well I had my u's @ 29w 3d and he was measuring at 3lb 4oz. My last baby (a girl) at 29w 6d measured @ 3lb 14oz and weighed at birth 9lb 7oz and she was 12 days early. I'm hoping this little guy will be little or littler,lol.
  • @melinda326 I'm nervous about having a huge baby
  • Well for me she was my biggest, however my other babies were in the upper 8 pounds and all my babies were vaginal births. Although my last baby, the almost 10 pounder, lol, was actually my easiest and shortest labor and delivery. 4 hours of labor, and 2 pushes, no pain meds at all and out she came. I didn't even have any rips or need to be cut or anything. That was the 1st time that had happened, but it was great. I used a birthing ball which is the same as a exercise ball and it was amazing to sit and rock or bounce gently during contractions. Much better than laying in a bed and curling up with each contraction. But I'm sure you'll be just fine. Your body was made for birthing and just be patient and work with yourself. Remember to breath during contractions too.
  • @melinda326 oh and was your babys head down ? Because they told me my babys head was really really low
  • At my 28wk ultrasound my girl only weighed 2lbs 11oz.
  • @mommy2be92 Yes all my babies heads were down. Although this one his head was up at my 28 week u/s and then the next week he flipped down into the right position. My OB actually told me a story of a woman who her baby flipped from breech, to head down during her labor and then when it was time to push the baby had flipped back to head up and they had to end up doing a c-section on her. He said they can flip continuously during the last weeks, most usually stay in the head down, but they can flip at any time and flip back again. Hopefully this little boy stays head down. No c-sections for this momma. :) Is this your 1st baby? This is my 5th baby.
  • @rockinmomma wow my baby is a giant compared to yours and when was her head down?
  • She was head down at 28wks as well. I have another ultrasound Thursday and i'll be 35wks so hopefully she is still that way.
  • @melinda326 the tech freaked me out because she had to go all the way to my pubic area to see the head yes its my first wow 5 congrats =]
  • @mommy2be92 well at least your baby is in good postion for birth. Even if it is a few weeks away. But don't be too freaked out about her weight, because the u/s is still just an estimate. It could be a pound off or ounces more or less. Remember babies gain most of their weight in the last weeks of pregnancy. THe last month or so they tend to gain about a half a pound a week. So your little one could a nice average size baby or she could be bigger or smaller. But no matter what you'll do great!
  • @melinda326 yea I'm just nervous about the postion because I don't wanna have a premature baby and end up loosing her and thanks your very good hearted hope your pregnancy is going good when are you do?
  • My lil guy was 4lbs 6oz and 16 and a half inches long at 28 weeks ill be 33 weeks Thursday and have an ultrasound Friday I'm curious to see how much he weighs now
  • @junebug86 wow that's crazy
  • At my ultrasound at 28w 3d my son was 2lbs 13oz they estimated. I have ultrasounds every two weeks bc of complications so I have another on monday and will be 30w 3d.
  • @mommy2be92 I am due July 5th, my doctor changed from the 10th to the 5th since he is measuring a tad bit bigger from my last 2 u/s from 17 weeks and 29 weeks. SO I have about 6 1/2 weeks to go. The head being down is ok, even tha far down. SHe won't come out early beacause of that. So don't stress out about that. THats a good thing and you might just feel extra pressure or some mild pains down in th eloser regions due to her head being low. My last baby was head down and toward the 8th month I swore she fely like she was gonna pop out from the pressure I had had down there. SO he checked me to see if I dialated any, and nope not a single bit. Not even a sign of any progress of labor approaching, which was a good thing. He said its noraml to feel that way and not to worry unless you know I was leaking fluid or bleeding or contracting on a regular pattern. But nope she stayed in until the end. Lol. You'll be fine and so will your little munchkin.
  • @junebug86 wow that does seem pretty big. Is this your 1st baby? If not how big were your others?
  • @melinda326 thanks for all the advice =]
  • my lil girl weighed around 2 1/2 lbs at 28 weeks... im now 31 wks along and I feel like she's so much bigger everything hurts now.. lol :)
  • @melinda326 this is my 4th pregnancy my first I delivered at 20 weeks due to incompetent cervix she was a pound even and lived for an hour and 47 minutes my 2nd was a little girl I delivered at 28 weeks and she was 3lbs 1oz with this one that's when I found out I had an incompetent cervix my 3rd was a miscarriage I was 6 weeks pregnant and now I'm pregnant with this lil guy I'm 32 weeks 3 days and I had a cerclage put in at 14 weeks idk why he weighs so much I'm hoping she got the measurements wrong and he doesn't weigh that much ill let u know how much they say he weighs on Friday and @mommy2be92 tell me about it
  • @junebug86 hey at least if he comes early he would be a good sized baby. And sorry to hear about all your troubles with pregnancy
  • @junebug86 Oh my I am so sorry to hear about your losses. I too lost a baby last year at 6 weeks and it was very painful to go through. But I am so thankful for evry chance I get to have a baby. This is my 6th pregnancy and will be my 5th baby. Definately let us know Friday how much he weighs. Healthy baby's are what were having!!! :)
  • @melinda326 I'm sorry to hear about your loses also I didn't mention that the little girl I gave birth to at 28 weeks lived she just turned 4 may 16th and to look at her u wouldn't even know she was a preemie all that I have been through really makes me appreciate what I do have children truly are a blessing even though I'm 32 weeks and pretty much in the clear I still live in constant fear that something is going to go wrong the hardest thing I've ever had to do was bury my lil girl and I never want to go through that again congratulations on your current pregnancy how far along are you
  • My little man weighs roughly three pounds. They said everything looks great. He looks like a little mini me all skinny in the face lol but has his daddys nose.
  • @junebug86 yes I completely agree with you on the appreciation of each life that is given to us, each one is a miracle. I too feel like I am on egg shells in some sort of way with this baby, even though I know I'm in the clear as well, until he is in my arms will I be relaxed. I am due July5th, and I am 33weeks 5days. When are you due? That is so awesome that your preemie survived, what a strong girl she is. THat is amazing!
  • @melinda326 awww congrats I'm 32 weeks 4 days I'm due july 14th with a lil boy I think I might get my tubes tied after this lil guy is born ill be 25 june 20 and ill have 2 kids a boy and a girl my girls name is chloe and this lil guy in my tummy is christian do u have any names picked out for your little miracle
  • @junebug86 awe those are sweet names. My little boy will be named Liam. Your still young you might want more babies down the road but I understand the concerns you have too. So are you attempting a natural deliver or do you have to have a c-section.
  • @melinda326 that's a really cute and strong name the 2 pregnancies that I've had to deliver were vaginal hopefully this one will be the same what about you
  • @junebug86 all my babies were born vaginally and 2 were with epidural 2 were all natural. I am planning to go all natural again this time. I used a birthing ball last tome and that helped so much during labor and my labor was for only 4 hours and 2 pushes and then my jumbo baby was born. So I am hoping for another short labor with no pain meds and I'm using my birthing ball I bought at Walmart in case the hospital one is being occupied by another mommy. I'm so excited to me my baby boy and at the same time I'm enjoying him inside me because I know after he's born ill miss that pregnant feeling. Plus he's nice and safe inside me. So is it hot yet where you are? It is here. I live in Orlando and it already feels like summer. I miss the nice cool weather we had a few months ago. Lol.
  • Wow that's awesome. My baby girl was born at 30 weeks 5 days and only weighed 3lbs 1oz. Its been 3 weeks and now she's 3.11 lbs.