anterior placenta??

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
Has anyone had/have an anterior placenta? My ob confirmed mine by u/s but hasn't really told me much about it. I'm 20 weeks and have only gained 3 lbs and don't feel the baby much because of the placenta....I've read about it a bit, but want info from someone whose experienced it, and when did you finally begin to feel kicks?

Comments

• According to my ultrasound documents I have one. But I felt kicks starting at 16 weeks.
  • All the time kicks, I felt around 23 wks. I have it. And really that's the ONLY diff, is that u don't feel the smal kicks and punches or u dnt feel baby early (like I did w my 1st 2 babies).
  • Oh and I hear that they have to cut diff if you have a csection, but this is the 1st I've had AP, and I've never had a csec...so idk. And @caroline8_p lucky! I felt my 1st 2 at 16 and 15 wks, but noooooo not this one! Lol
  • I started really feeling kicks around 24/25 weeks, now just a few times per day..but I can tell they are getting stronger!!!
  • Oh good I feel him a little here and there, or at least I think I do...but I wna really feel him!
  • I have that and didn't feel his kicks daily until 24 weeks! I would randomly feel movement but no good kicks. ....now they get stronger everyday!
  • Its causing me not to have a bump. Im 34wks and you can barely, barely tell that I'm even preggo lol.
  • i have one and it my doc said that if it doesnt move up and i need a csection that they would have to do a classical cut(vertical) but thank god that it moved up! its 5 inches away from my cervix! i felt my baby for the first time when i was 16 weeks but i didnt start feeling her everyday until about 22 weeks
  • I have ap and started feeling daily movements around 28 weeks. I'm 34w now and mine still hasn't moved. I also have gestational diabetes so hopefully no c section for me!