Tubes tied & Medicaid Approval.. PLease READ!!

edited May 2011 in Pregnant
So I went to register at my hospital.. And they asked" me if I was going to get my tubes tied?".. I said, Yes. She said I should of gotten a paper from my Dr 30 days prior to c-sec and tubes tied in order for medicaid to approve it or I would have to go back an get the tubes tight procees done a later time.. I was like HELL NO!!

SO, I called my Dr and told him the situation, and he acted so stupid! Thatz why I cant stand him! I told him straight out he knew I was getting tubes tied since day 1 that I found out I was preggo, because this bby was not planned! So I said, either you fax me this paper I need to sign or I will go there tomorrow, becuz I DONT want any "its" or "buts" or any excuse later! I AM NOT getting opened again because of your fault!! (venting)

So mommies on medicaid and having the same proccess done! PLease make sure you guys get this info ready before its too late!!

Im sooo ready to meet my bby in 4 weeks!!

Much Love to ALL!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited May 2011
    I dont think theres any requirements as long as you have medicaid! DOnt know whats the age for approval.. But girl, Im old and ready!! It covers 100% of it!
    ;;)
  • There are no requirements other than signing the consent 30 days prior to the procedure. Even if its your secondary health insurance you have to sign the form. Good think my doctor is on top of it. We signed mine at my 28 week appointment
  • In Tn you have to be 23 or have 3 kids before medicaid will pay for it. Also the 30 day thing too.
  • edited May 2011
    @Mamakat....I was done on 2! I was NOT under any birth control methods, and stupid(cough) Dr put me on pills and pumm pregnant after 10yrs!! But Im BLessed cant complain now! Im almost to the finish line, time flew by!
    Mamakat... Im so proud of you, for having so many and having the patience! I can barely handle my son & daughter that fight/argue ALL the time!!
  • Thanks for the info @betty in my state tho u have to have 3 kids or be 25..
  • @seifer... Your welcomed!

• Im having it done after this one too and i had told my doc at 10 weeks i think and she told me that if i really wanted to have it done that i had to sign the paper work at 28 weeks to make sure i didnt want to change my mind. 22 weeks now!
  • Can you get your tubes tied right after having a c-section? I was told you had to wait a couple days. I'm leaning towards my husband getting a vasectomy cuz I don't wanna get cut open but I have insurance & he doesn't so I'm reconsidering... I think lol
  • @starkrazie.... yes we can! Thatz the easiest...
  • The first dr I had said I couldn't have my tubes tied immediately after a c-sec. Can you opt for a c-sec just to have your tubes tied?
  • @starkrazie: they should be able to do it while they are already in there. That is what my doctor said.
  • @hurstk28 Thanks, I have an appointment tmrw morning so I'll ask my doctor. I haven't mentioned it to her yet since I started seeing her last trimester. That gives me much more to think about.
  • @starkrayzie. I asked my doc if I could have a csection with my last child since I was getting tied. He agreed but gave me the run down of the pros and cons. In the end I decided to have a vag birth and I went in the next day while the nurses were giving my son a bath and got my tubes tied. When I got out and back in my own room my husband and baby were both in my room waiting for me :) make sure you sign the papers ASAP cause you never know when bean is coming. Good luck.
  • Im a,lil scared... getting c sec and tubes tight at same time... Do tubes tight surgery hurt and does it take a long time for recovery?
  • @momof5 How long did the procedure take & what was the recovery like?
  • I just looked up some info & found out no matter where you live you have to sign the papers 30 days in advance to make sure you've thought about your decision & it's not a spur of the moment choice. Also if you have them tied after having a c-sec the cost is lower because you're already cut open & under anesthetic.
  • Thanks @starkrayzie... Im gonna go for it! My dr better NOT be tripping. Cuz I will raise hell at him!!
  • Good luck. Hope it all works out for you :)
  • Thanx!
  • In tn most hospitals wont do it unless you have more then one kid.
  • I am having it done at 36 weeks. They are doing laprascopic surgery so there is no cutting. That is the only tubal my doctors office does unless you have a csection.
  • @lil_buggie_3: they can go through the belly button too. That is how they ar doing mine.
  • Ouch! Belly button hurts soooo effin much!
  • @betty: that's what i said. Doctor tod me it only takes 10 minutes to do though.