Itchy bumps on my belly

edited February 2011 in Second Trimester
Hi everyone! I'm 17 weeks pregnant and I've noticed that I have small bumps all over my belly and my belly itches so bad sometimes. Does anyone else have this problem or have any solutions?

Comments

• Don't scratch.... use lots of lotion
  • I just noticed like two or three little bumps on my belly also...I had my man check it out closer cuz I was freaking out that it was pimples lol but he said they weren't, they aren't really itchy....I have no idea what it could be! Hmmm...
  • it could be pups i had it with my first pregnancy all they gave me was benadryl and it went away..
  • Thanks for you advice Ladies!
  • I thought I had bed bugs at first lol I freaked out. They we're all red n stuff. It could be either your not drinking enough water, your using the wrong soap or both. I was using St. Ives and I switched to the white Dove and it helps keep me moisterized. Also keep lotion nearby. Scratchin is ok if its too bothersome
  • It may be hives, might have new allergies onset by pregnancy. I had that issue with ginger, that I love, and carrots.
  • im itchy but no bumps...does it go away on its own
  • The itchy is your skin stretchin.
  • Careful with the scratching though. I caused a lot of stretch marks by scratching. Literally showed up after I I scratched vigorously.
  • I have crap for luck so I had it w my first 2 pregnancies...sounds like pups. If u start noticing it elsewhere id definitely talk to the doc bout med. Didn't work for me tho :( happy to say haven't had em yet w this baby. They say its a boy thing. Finally getting my lil gir! Good luck-hope it gets better for u
  • Wow @z_mommy_2009, you really do have crappy luck-puppp is so rare and most women only get it once. I was terrified I'd have it with my second, but thankfully I didn't. @mandygregory puppp only occurs on stretch marks, they will look red, bumpy and inflamed. If it's just on your skin, it's probably a rash or irritation from stretching.