abnormal weight gain

edited January 2011 in Third Trimester
In the begining of my pregnancy I was lossing weight.... now I'm 37/38 weeks and I've gained about 50 pounds. I'm worried because I keep putting on weight so rapidly but I eat better and walk around more then I did before I was pregnant. I don't eat my entire meal, iv switched from white to wheat bread, no soda and if I drink juice its mostly water, I used to kill a package of oreos now if I get a sweet tooth I cut myself off at 4, snack time consists of carrots instead of chips or crackers......and still I'm gaining at least 6 pounds a week. I don't understand how anyone can gain that much weight in a week....its not like I'm eatting chocolate cake for breakfast lunch and dinner....my doctor is no help and I'm getting very worried about my weight and very depressed because of how discusting I feel....

Comments

• Are u swelling at all? Excess weight gain can b serious. Blood pressure problems?
  • @Bellaproia, dont wait another minute. If you dont feel good, please see a docters advise. Dont let somebuddy ignore your feelings, your a mom you know whats best. Let us know how it goes.
  • Blood pressure is perfect, I do have swelling...but I highly doubt its a main reason for weigh gain. I'm just frustrated because I want to change doctors but only have alittle over 2 weeks before I'm due so I don't know if anyone will take me on.
  • Its very frustrating when a doc won't take the time. If you are healthy, and there is no medical concern it sounds like you are doing all you can. You don't want to diet or stop eating. Your baby needs the healthy food. Its hard but try to relax and know your not fat. You are preg. You only have a few weeks and you can start taking off the weight. Plus 25~35 is normal gain. So your not that far above. try to relax and enjoy your last few weeks. I know how hard it is to feel attractive when you feel huge! But these last few weeks are when the baby gains all its body fat. So its normal to gain two to three lbs a week right now. And healthy. So don't stress. That won't help you or the baby! Relax and know its all for a great reason.
  • With my daughter I put a lot of weight I was 50kg before pregnancy and in the end I was 94kg, but by the time my daughter was 6 month I was back to my pre baby weight and I didn't had any special diets. Dont worry and enjoy pregnancy !
  • With my 1st pregnancy I gained 65 lbs. And most of the weight was gained in the last two months. I was quite swollen at the end and can remember gaining 5 lbs. In 5 days! I was really worried too, but the doctor was never concerned. At my 6 wk postpartum appt I had already lost 50 lbs doing nothing but taking care of my baby. All the weight was off by the 3rd month. Hope this makes u feel a little better about the situation. I wouldn't be too concerned if your doctor isn't and you're feel well.
  • Great feedback from everyone! I really appreciate it! Thanks ladies, feel free to keep it coming.