Fun Shower Idea

edited May 2011 in Baby showers
Ok I'm throwing my own. But have no place for it any one with ideas?? Unless i ask a friend & she says yes idk though. But I'm making my own food! Any way...

For those doing a summer shower...
I'm thinking of dping cupcakes instead of or along with a cake. But the cupcakes are going to be chocolate with green frosting. And I'm putting a fake flower in it with 1 gummy worm coming out of the "grass". It'll look like a flower pot!! As for the flower I'm thinking of putting on it something like thanks for coming to my shower!! Or putting babys name & year. Cute right!!! Steal it if you must! :p

Comments

• I'm making cupcakes too yayy that's a cute idea though..
  • You could have it at a restaurant. Im going to a garden themed party on a restaurants patio in a few wks. The invite says to wear your favorite summer hat.
  • @naliibby2 yea its cute! Got part of it off the net but added the frosting & worm.
  • Check out your local municipal building or community center. They usually have space to rent. If a covered shelter at a park
  • *or a.. not if
  • @vtmamjuju but is that expensive? I'm doing it all myself. & making food rather than buying is cheaper.
  • @alilboulding yes I was thinking that too! I'm gonna ask some ladies at work. Maybe they'll know of some centers to have it at. That wont break the bank.
  • Cute idea. I am doing my own shower too. I am having it at a park, that way my friends and family can bring the kids and they have something to do. Plus I don't want all those people in my house! lol
  • I reserved a park shelter for mine, it worked out great! It was only 35$ for the day as well :)
  • Hmmm maybe a parks the way to go. But what about the food? What kind? & does it go bad? @rockinmomma @headersue
    Was gonna do mostacholli & sausages. If I can talk to my friend & she lets me do it there that'd be nice but idk. They do always throw partys but for them & family. Ill ask though otherwise ill try to do the park. A park by me gots a nice play area.
  • @one5one restaurants will let you do t there for free as long as you order food. You could just order a bunch of appetizers and drinks for everyone (non-alcoholic to make sure it's cheaper). Restaurants also let you bring your own desert. This is a good idea or why not the park?
  • My friend had hers at a park and it was free just had to get up super early and mark your territory. She had a BBQ hamburgers and hot dogs.
  • @Jess510 I think I like the. Park idea! Cuz the one I'm thinking if gots a great play area & has grills too!!
  • Yeah I am having mine at a park in a pavilion. Mine was $90 to rent for the whole day. I would chech out places online in your area. Just google places to rent in Pittsburgh pa. (For example)
  • @Brilouie216 off to Google in go!!