*UPDATE* venting please read; bd is a selfish a-hole & feeling sorry for myself *update*

so I'm upset and crying at my desk right now. Ive cried all the way to work in the car after having a conversation with my babys father. We aren't together but I'm just upset that he gets to do whatever he wants and act like he's not even having a kid while I'm stuck pregnant and alone. Its not fair. He wants our son to have his last name when he #1 just started admitting that its his baby and #2 he doesn't do anything for me, if I call him, he might call me back a few days later, so how am I supposed to know its not going to be like that when the baby is actually here? He said well what exactly am I supposed to be doing? what do u want me to do, call u more and do small talk, what do u want from me?

As soon as I found out I was pregnant, he had a new gf (he had been cheating/lying to me whole time), and even tried to deny it was his. He came to one drs appt and did nothing to help me so I moved out of state to live with my parents. He was saying what can he do, I'm the one who moved, when he wasn't doing anything even before I moved, except tryign to make my life miserable. He said I made the choice to leave and have the baby, he didn't get a say. I said no i didn't have a choice, he says yea u did (abortion), but I'm not mad about it. Basically trying to say that I made the choice to have the baby and be myself. This is my first pregnancy and I do not believe in abortion, it is not a preventative form of contraception imo and I would never kill my child. He said he doesn't understand why i'm so upset, i said well maybe u would if u were pregnant and alone, he says well I wouldn't be pregnant and alone, that wouldn't happen to me. So what is he trying to say about me? He's the one who left me pregnant and alone but he would never be in my shoes becuz that wouldn't happen to him, fuckin asshole.
I'm just really upset that I have to go through everything alone while he gets to still go out and live his life, see/do whoever he wants, while I'm fuckin pregnant carrying HIS child and he doesn't even care.

ts a lot, I try not to get upset or think about it, but sometimes I find myself wide awake at night, while the babys moving and kicking me, just thinking about all this shit and it makes me upset. Then I have all these people in my business asking well is the dad going to be involved, is he coming to the birth, is he being supportive and I really don't know how to answer these questions because I don't have the answers myself. I feel like everyone is looking at me and judging me and not in a positive way. I feel like he gets the free pass while I'm the one left to suffer the stares and side comments. Its really none of their business but that doesn't stop people from asking. My dad keeps saying I need to get him to be more involved like I really have a choice. I just never imagined when I did have a child that it would be like this and under these circumstances. I try to be strong but its really all just very hurtful.

Comments

• I'm going through the same thing. I have no support from bd he even gets mad when I mention the baby to him.
  • Whooo girl you ain't lying that was a true vent LOL!!! I'm sorry this is happening to you I hope things work out for you!!! I got advice from @Mama_Kat and it seems to be working workout,walk and eat fruit!!! Try to get your mind off him do you have any friends??? Where are you from??? And how far along are you???

And don't worry about what others say they are not going to be providing for your child you are so just do that best you can as a single parent... and as for your dad ask him to call and talk to your be maybe your dad will understand what you have been going through this whole time...I wish you the best!!!
  • @mybabe Hey, thanks soo much for ur kind words/advice. yea just some things I had on my mind for a while. I'm going on 6 months, I'm not due until Oct 6. My bd lives in atlanta and I just moved to DC. I mainly just go to work and go home, not much of a social life since I got preg. Most of my real friends live out of state and the ones I do have here, they all just smoke or haven't really been around bcuz I'm preg and figure I can't do anything anywayz, so I really dont do much.

It just sucks knowing that its not supposed to be this way, but it is and knowing that I'm going to have to do everything alone. I feel like instead of lookin at him like hes trifling, everyones looking at me like oh her life is over, she got knocked up and left with a baby.

But ur right I need to find things to do to take my mind off of him, but like I said, its mostly at night when i'm by myself wide awake that I start to think about these things.
  • @sexygina22 I'm sorry you're going through the same thing pretty much. It hurts but at the same time we're supposed to be strong for our babies since all they have is us. Its just a lot. I have always had respect for single mothers becuz I know it can't be easy financially, but I never factored in how hard it must be emotionally. Hopefully one day I'll get past this.
  • I had went through the same thing with my ex. The best advice I can give is to NOT give that baby his last name. My ex hasn't seen our daughter since she was born and I met a wonderful man (my now husband) and were expecting my 2nd child. He is going to adopt my daughter I just hate that right now her last name is different than ours.
  • No problem I know DC has good poetry sessions at different venues you should look them up and go it is very relaxing to do I been down there a few times!!! I wish you the best!!!
  • I'm so sorry. You need to start prepping for the legal actions you need to take against him. He may not want to be a father, but he has some responsibilities where your baby is concerned. As far as the last name, that is your choice, and you certainly don't have to give it to the baby since you two are not married. Is he planning on being present at the birth? The state will subpoena him to court and provide DNA testing and you'll get a child support order. Please make sure its enforced by income deduction. Right now, focus on having a healthy pregnancy and just know that he will have to take responsibility for his actions. I'm so so sorry hun, you don't deserve to have this stress while you're pregnant. :-S
  • @robinlinlee83 Hey thanks for your advice. I have been thinking about it. He says why am I acting like that when the babys not even born yet, so how I do know hes not going to do anything. He can't even tell me what his plan is for how hes going to be involved in the babys life. He says its too soon for all that. I think it would be best to give my child my last name
  • @amyduh Hey thank you for your advice. :) I'm really sorry that u feel as if u have no support. If I didn't have my mom I wouldn't have anyone either. Maybe you should tell ur fam whats going on. Yea he's definantly more like a sperm donor. I try to think positively about the baby but I'm also going to be doing birthing classes alone etc. My dad offered to buy his ticket to come up for the birth and he declined saying he'll get the ticket himself which I really don't trust.
    btw I like that mommy and daddy are there, just not the sperm donor ;) lol
  • @mybabe Thanks for the tip, I love poetry. That's what I do, but since I've gotten preg I haven't written anything. I know it would be dark and hateful, but maybe I need to start writing again to get my feelings out. So maybe I'll do that, Thanks for the tip!! It's a very good idea!
  • I wouldn't give the baby his last name.he doesn't deserve it.if he doesn't want to be part of baby life,hell hes missing out.f him. You don't need him.
  • @TishJ330 Hey Tish, thanks so much for your advice! Trust me, as soon as this baby pops out, before I hold him, I'm going to be signing child support papers ;) He says hes going to get his own ticket to come to the birth but I don't trust or believe him. Thank u, I know I don't deserve someone to be treating me like this esp while I'm carrying their child, thats why its so hurtful, bcuz I know its not supposed to be like this. I see guys happy their girl is preg or that they're going to have a son/baby. I see guys who want to touch her belly and feel the baby move and be there for the birth and take care of things but I dont get that luxury I guess. I let my mom feel my tummy when he kicks.
  • @excitedforbaby Thanks, thats the thing, i don't know what hes going to do, but it seems as if hes not going to do much. he says one thing but acts and treats me another way.
  • @singlemama, no problem hun! That's why you have all these Preglys for support! You'll be able to show and tell your baby that you are a strong, brave mommy who will do whatever it takes to make a life for the two of you. One day, some deserving man will come along and he'll love both of you for all that you are AND all that you're not and he'll be the one who has earned your heart. Until then, don't let this loser jerk you around and cause you any grief. Focus on you and your precious baby! We're all here for you!
  • Oh no problem I went and listened to other people it was great!!! Yea you should start back that would be very therapeutic...
  • @singlemama actions speak louder than words. For ex, if he says he loves you and don't prove it then he's just talking shit to shut you up maybe.don't believe what he says,believe what he does.
  • edited May 2011
    @excitedforbaby I know you're right! I sent that to him in a text this morning! I said you don't give a damn about me or this baby, u say u do but its all lies to get you through the moment. I can't go by ur words but ur actions or rather inactions speak far louder. U don't nor have u ever done anything for me or the baby even when u had the chance. U decided to shit on us both so why would I give our son ur last or middle name? Esp when u still go out and do ur thing and act like ur not even having a kid. He wrote me back saying what r u talkin about? y are u acting nuts now? he's such an ahole!
  • @singlemama I'm basically in the same situation. My bd is in tx with his stripper gf while I'm here preggo with our 2nd. Mine is a long complicated story but his ass don't pay for our first son (who is 10) and I haven't seen a dime since I got preggo with this one and yet he thinks he gonna be able to cone back and just be in our kids lives like nothing. He says he don't give me money cause I have a better job. Wtf?? He is illegal too so going to court is difficult. Ugh men suck! I'm in northern va so you need a belly buddy I'm here :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You need to do what is best for YOU, if he wants to be involved he will be if not he wont, his mind is already made up and nothing you do or say will change it. You can cry and try to guilt trip him but it won't matter, I understand you are feeling sorry for yourself and thats why you have us (: ! Dont let him hear the concern in your voice dont call him because then he will wonder why its been so long since you've called and he will call you. And as far as the last name.... It can always be changed.
  • @Chuieycuzca22 damn that's a sucky situation. Im pretty sure if he wasn't illegal ud be suing for child support asap. It doesn't matter what kind of job you have or how much money u make, its never enough when it comes to children. He needs to be responsible and get a job so that he can one day make as much as u. I mean is he living off of this stripper?

@angieahrens yea he really is a jerk. After going to that one drs appt with me, we saw the baby for the first time on the ultrasound screen and heard the heartbeat. He walked out early, so I sent him a text with the picture of the baby that the tech gave me, and he wrote back saying whats sad is you're going to have a miserable baby just like you. Its one thing to one to take a dig at me but who talks shit about their own kid? I'm just trying to be civil because I want him to come for the birth and sign the birth certificate but after all the things hes done to me, I really wouldn't care if he dropped dead.

@ChelseaMarie aww thank you for ur sweet words! I love pregly, because there are people here who can give me real advice and relate to so many of the issues I deal with being pregnant because u've either been there/done that or are going through it. U are so right, nothing is going to change his mind except for him. As much as I've tried in the past to try to talk sense in him he just gave me his ass to kiss basically.
  • Give ur baby your last name! What an a-hole!
  • I dealt w an idiot too. Some guys are too dumb for words. I met a guy 5 yrs younger than my ex and he's now my hubby and is such a wonderful daddy! He works 3 jobs so I can stay home. He loves my daughter like he loves our daughter and our twins that are on the way. My oldest daughters dad wasn't in the picture nor was he on the bc. She was all mine!!! It took him over a yr to become fully involved w his daughter and that was only after I had been dating my now husband for a while and we we're expecting our first daughter, and his psycho ex gf pushed him too. He loves her and takes care of her now but it's still annoying that he couldn't man up on his own. Ignoring him will work. Id also miss his call too, then call back and pretend like you erased his number, and your shocked he called. No emotion. I wish you luck! You're in my prayers.
  • Im dealing with an asshole as well. Im 16weeks pregnant and the bd is STILL asking me to get an abortion. Bribing me even. But I can't do that. So he's pushing me away while still trying to convince me to do these things. Im moving back home too. Im giving MY baby MY last name. He wants nothing to do with it. So Im doing what is best for me now. Trying to go to school get things rolling to have a good life for the little one. I still breakdown too. Everyone does. Just be strong and remember you're not alone. Good luck!
  • edited June 2011
    @Mybabe, @Mommyof4girls, @letysfirst, @ChelseaMarie, @angieahrens, @Chuieycuzca22, @excitedforbaby, @TishJ330, @amyduh, @robinlinlee83, & everyone else

*update*
    So he ended up texting me later that night asking was I feeling better. i didn't respond but since his whole thing earlier was "what do I want from him" I sent him a msg later that night saying I wanted him to act like he has a kid on the way and start saving up and to stop lying about dumb stuff that I already know the answer to. He calls me the next day asking once again what do I want, I said what didnt you understand about the texts? he said he didn't read them, hes not gonna read them, and he wants me to tell him what they said. So after going bak and forth about that I finally say basically they said start saving up and stop lying about dumb stuff. He then asks and what I mean by ( and quotes word for word what I said in the text). So I say oh I thought u didn't read them, see this is what I'm talkin about just stupid lies. He says he didn't read them and gets mad and hangs up on me. So calls back n he asks what did I lie about. I said He moved and I knew he moved and was told so by one of his coworkers, his exgf (the one he was with at the same time as me and he lied and said she was his ex), and his current bm (all very reliable sources). When I asked did he move, he flat out told me no, he's still at the same place, but was moving at the end of the month and didn't know where to. Not to mention all the lies that got us in this situation to begin with.

Hes the most disrespectful, rude, and callous person I've ever encountered in my life. I can't believe that I actually gave my body to someone like that. I'm just disappointed in myself for allowing myself to get in this situation with a person like him. He starts saying that I put myself in this situation, I ran off with my tail inbetween my legs back home to my mommy and daddy, he didn't want a kid, we were nothing, he never gave a fuck about me, he doesn't give a fuck about me or what happens to me, he doesn't even like me, we're enemies, that for some reason Im still tryin to be with him when I've known about all his dirt for a few months now so I must be a glutton for punishment, how i'm an awful person and he would never want to be my friend and doesn't see how I have friends. I would give him rides to work, pick up/drop off his son from/to school, we were together all the time, we worked together and the worst things people had say about me were that I was too nice and a bit of a pushover, he's the one who nobody at work liked, hes the one who lied to me, gave me stds, then got me preg, bounced with a new gf and I'm the awful person?? I just told him fuck u and hung up, then pulled over (i was driving) and started crying. then he starts sending me text saying real mature mom. When I composed myself I left him a msg saying at this point I don't want nothing from u, me and my son will be fine without u so fuck off and kiss my ass. He kept trying to call me back so I picked up and said why do u keep calling when u don't give a fuck about me or the baby. hes says the babys not here yet and that he cares about the baby just not about me. Actually dumbass the baby is here, hes inside of me and whatever I feel the baby feels so while ur upsetting me and harassing me ur actually causing me to send stress hormones to the baby, in essence by trying to hurt me, ur hurting the baby. But like he said already, he doesn't give a fuck.

He's getting me trying to get him involved and plan for what we we are going to do in the future with this baby twisted/confused with me trying to be with him. I moved to get away from him and have a more peaceful pregnancy because he wasn't doing anything and had a new gf. After everything hes done to me, I've been trying to do the right thing for my baby as I know what its like to grow up without a dad and I dont want that for my kid, but I can't deal with him. The way he makes me feel, he's not healthy for me or my baby. Initially he was planning to fly up for the birth but we ended on just letting the courts handle things.

This all happened yesterday and I'm still crying about it. He literally ruined my day. I was crying all day yesterday. My mom kept trying to get me to talk but I couldn't talk about it. I realized that I am/will be a single mom. Hell, have been since day one. I cant believe this is someone i slept with and actually got pregnant by and that afterward they could just treat me with such disrespect like i'm trash.

He called later that night saying he wanted to apologize and he didn't mean it and if he didn't give a fuck about me he wouldn't be calling me to apologize and he was just mad. But it doesn't even matter to me, u said what u said because that's what u feel, and u show that's how u feel by talking to me and treating me the way u do, its very obvious. His apology is about as insincere and fake as he is.
  • Wow what a prick! You deserve better than that its like your my double in a different state im going through the same thing but I learned to realize being a single parent is not bad. Specially if you have the support of your parents thank god for them. I just let my bd do whatever he wants I dont talk to him or anything but later on when he realizes he effd up then its his loss ether way because I tryed and your baby will.look up after you and up to u so hang in there you know theres this quote that says something like this "Getting angry is like drinking poison and expecting it to affect the other person" you see no matter how mad and frustrated u are your only harming ur self n that precious little one inside. While they have fun dont care and are being selfish your making the mistake of letting all this pain and anger get to u so smile wipe those tears and enjoy your pregnancy and after that enjoy your baby :)! Good luck
  • I know it hurts ma but just remember God has plans for you and that baby and a GOOD man will come along and love both of you the way you should be loved. Get his ass for support then tell him to F***OFF! You and that precious baby deserve and WILL GET better. Keep your head up! :)
  • He needs. to get hit by a truck. for reals.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • dont give babies name give it yours... and try not to think about his part.. just assume hes a deadbeat till provin different sorry girl