L&D last night

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
So yesterday at around 6 I started having cramps, I figured I was hungry so I went and got something to eat. That didn't help. Then the cramps started to get worse so I got into the bath tub thinking the hot water would soothe the pain (while I'm waiting for the tub to fill I have alot of watery discharge) but no it got worse again. So I said forget it I'm going to the er but when I got there they sent me to labor and delivery. So now I'm a little freaked out. I sign in and get a room, they hook me up to the machines and tell me I'm having contractions and big ones. So now I'm terrified I'm only 29 weeks. They check me my water hasn't broke and I'm not dilated at all. And they said there was nothing to give me to stop the contractions. I was scared and upset. They had to try 3 times before actually getting a successful IV in and I HATE needles. But finally my contractions did stop and I left the hospital at 2am this morning. HORRIBLE.night.

Comments

• Im sorry >:D< that sounds like an awful time! At least you and baby are ok :)
  • That sounds terrible! Glad everything worked out though. :)
  • Sounds like u were dehydrated...the same thing happen to me three weeks...they hooked me up to a iv and contractions went away...before then they were comin 5 mins apart
  • edited June 2011
    @Yaya First of all, I am glad to read you and baby are okay. :-)
    If you aren't drinking enough water, that can cause contractions (some so severe, they mimic actual labor). Doc says preglys should consume eight (8oz) glasses of water a day. It prevents pre-term contractions (minus BH) and it's been said to ward off stretchmarks!!!
    Seems to be working for me... :-bd
  • @yaya good to hear that the baby is ok :)
  • @cant_wait_until_july Hit the nail on the head...Dehydration! In the "baby classes" the instructor warned that "dehydration could/would lead to contractions that mimic labor." She said, "when you come in, we'll see you are pre-term, notice you aren't dialating, then we'll give you an IV, get you some fluids and send you home!" She also advised (to save the ER trip) if you feel like you are having contractions, drink some water...if it stops, you were dehydrated...if it doesn't stop, call or get to the ER.
    (*)
  • @ rockinmomma @dawtalove @viviya thank you, we're fine now.

@thesmilingbeauty @cant _wait_until_July I had been drinking water all day that day. Like 3 cups of water and 4-5 bottles of water. Honestly that's kind of all I drink sometimes I may drink apple and orange juice but mostly just water so really I don't think that was the problem.