Lack of movement after eating

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
Hi. I'm 24 weeks today and my baby never seems to care about anything I eat or drink. Do you suppose it's not getting to him/her? I used to call my 1st baby greedy because she would get superactive and hiccups within minutes of me starting to eat or drink something. What do you think?

Comments

• Sigh...

I'm used to being ignored around here, but am determined to get a few responses to this one so am bumping back up.
  • My baby doesn't react when I eat either lol unless its cheesecake with cherries that's what the baby loves...but I'm not feeling kicks yet just felt a long movement yesterday more than usual...with my first child he didn't react either but ate anything and everything...he came to be almost 10 pds....thiis one is picky..I can't even eat chicken =( and its the only meat I really eat...this baby don't like meat at all! But I wouldn't worry baby might just be chillin from the great food he/she is getting and enjoying...but your 24 weeks so the baby is definitely getting something cause he/she is growing =) @PebblesMommy
  • Mine seems to fall asleep when i eat. Lol i too seldom get responses which is why i havent been on here much anymore. Its awfully cliquish...
  • I don't think it's a big deal. If your baby wasn't getting what you're eating s/he wouldn't be measuring correctly. Plus, your baby doesn't get the things that you eat until about 2 hours after your eat it, so look for activity then rather than right away. :)
  • I would guess that what your baby was responding to was probably the sound of you digesting; maybe s/he just got used to that sound and now finds it relaxing.
  • Okay, thank y'all. Maybe my baby is just too lazy to wake up and eat. I'd rather have a lazy baby than an unhealthy one. I started spotting just a little today too. I hope all is well with my baby and all of yours.
  • I wish you the healthiest baby =)
  • nah baby's just being nice, I could use baby being nice for a change I can't grab a bottle of water without baby jumping