What happens if I go to L&D at 24 weeks? PLUS Vent!

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
I started having just a little bit of spotting this afternoon. I called my OB and can you believe they are dismissing me from the practice because I cancelled my appointment this morning? Yep, they said they're sending me a letter. Today's appointment was originally scheduled for next friday, June 17th. The nurse called and had me bump it up to today and since I got a flat tire, I wasn't able to make it. The on-call person just now said that I was warned that I would be dismissed if I cancelled my appointment this morning. Well, I was NOT warned and had I known that, I would have paid $30 to take a cab there. My last appointment with them was in April and I guess they just dismissed me for not having one in May??? and then cancelling this one. A bunch of BS

Anyway, if I just show up to L&D, are they gonna do anything with me since I'm only 24 weeks?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • They might give you an ultrasound and a urinalysis if you tell them you're spotting. You should definitely start looking for another doctor asap.
  • Yeah, they'll check things out and do an exam more than likely. If it's only a little bit of spotting though, I wouldn't be too worried.
  • @angeliaandme If she has no doctor and is concerned, labor and delivery is probably her best bet considering she has no primary care physician to see her.
  • u/s is likely
  • Yeah, it would be either there or ER. And L&D seems like it could maybe be more helpful. Don't the ER people just look and then tell you what's going on and then tell you to follow up with your doctor? I was thinking I'd just skip that and go straight to L&D, but am not sure.

So BkE913, have you ever had a little spotting even though you've NEVER had any before? How long before it went away. And it's not from sex. Last time we did it was memorial day weekend.
  • So what do you think the difference between L&D and ER is AngeliaAndMe?

Obviously I'm not freaking out just yet otherwise I'd be at either one by now! But maybe later....hopefully not though.
  • The ERs here have you checked out by L&D pretty much no matter how far along you are, when I was having my miscarriage they sent me up to L&D to be checked out....
  • The ERs here have you checked out by L&D pretty much no matter how far along you are, when I was having my miscarriage they sent me up to L&D to be checked out....
  • I guess I was just thinking they could possibly do more for me there than the ER people since I'm pregnant, but just don't know. :-?? I AM starting to have diarrhea though, so I hope I'm not in labor. Thanks everyone.
  • L&D it is! (if I hafta go anywhere at all that is. Prayers please!)
  • @angeliaandme she had no chice but to got to l&d cuz if u r over 20 weeks for any problem u have they automatically send u to l&d
  • @PebblesMommy You should do what you feel most comfortable doing. I personally think L&D will help more since there practice is specifically for pregnant woman.
  • @angeliaandme at my doctors they tell you for emergencies if you or under 20 wks then go to er but if you are 20 wks+ then go to labor and delivery for anything its like that most places er will send her to l&d anyway
  • edited June 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Angelia.....anything after 21weeks u go to l&d they check n monitor u...they have things er doesn't. ..l&d isn't just for women in labor your doctor can explain it better
  • ER's will not see you once your that far along you have to go to l&d
  • Yeah, I bet lots of doctors and hospitals are different AngeliaAndMe. I'd rather be overcautious and just go to L&D I guess. They can downgrade me to ER if they need to. I will find out from my NEXT OB that doesn't DITCH me what I should do in the future. I got played...
  • My midwife sends you yo l&d no matter how far along you are because she says the er doctors don't know what they are doing when it comes to pregnant women.
  • Hun go to l&d get checked out n also ask for a referal for a new doctor: 0) better to b safe than sorry