A little sad tonight...

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
I was hanging a flyer for our Agency at a bus stop after work. A woman was there with a little girl maybe around 5 or 6, who I assume was her granddaughter. When I walked past the little girl to hang the flyer, the woman said to her: "move for the man stupid" ...

Sometimes life is just a little too ironic.

Comments

• Ugh...some people...smh
  • :( I hate seeing things like that. Makes me wonder what she says when no one's around.
  • That's a sin...some kids can't get a break.
  • edited June 2011
    I was so annoyed that alls I could muster up was a "You're ok sweetheart"

You have to love the irony of the people trying so hard to have a family and reaching past someone who's little one means so little to them. #sigh
  • edited June 2011
    Smdh
  • Wow.....that's really sad.why must people talk to kids like they're nothing?
  • @blueberrysmom ... I should really stop going to the Walmart on Rt 38 in Cherry Hill.. every time I go there I want to yell at someone. (we hang flyers at the bus stop there regularly)
  • Ugh. Not right. On all counts.
  • Your kind words probably went a long way for that little girl. Really, that may have been the only nice thing anyone said to her all day. You do what you can and you did well. Poor kid.
  • I try to stay out of Wal-Marts. Always end up dying to throat punch a fool. Every time!
  • @blueberrysmom ... I read your "throat punch a fool" and for some reason in my head i read it in Mr T's voice. lmao
  • I pity the fool who gets throat-punched by blueberrysmom!
  • Omgosh how sad :'( what is with people!
  • In my dream world it would be legal, even encouraged. Perchance to dream... Sigh! @bensmama 8-|
  • I'm with ya! But I'm all talk, so I'd need to hire you to do my throat punching. @blueberrysmom
  • I'm too cute for prison...@bensmama :p
  • How incredibly sad!
  • That's horrible. That's how I was treated behind closed doors growing up. It was infuriating because in public we were the "perfect family"... and when no one looked I was "more trouble than I was worth" & shamed & scared into silence. Makes me really feel for that poor little girl... :(
  • That's absolutely disgusting....
  • I was on the bus today and this lil boy maybe like 3 yrs old was aking his mom a question and she told him to shut up and evry time he attempted to ask she'd say shut up. That bothered me so much but who am I to tell someone not to talk to there child that way. In order to get respect u have to give it. One day he's going to turn around and tell her to shut up and I know she's not going to be happy about it!
  • Some people really take their children for granted. In another post I was talking about people who slap their children across the face..its so belittleing and degrading..especially if they do it in public. I feel so bad for those kids!
  • That always makes me sad too....
  • I was in walmart in my town the other day and a mother and maybe a 3 year old little girl came around the corner and the mom grabbed the little girl by the hair and said I can't wait till we get home so I can beat the living sh!t out of you you d@mn brat.. I was horrified and went around the corner and called cps (child protective services). I watched them from afar till the cops came.. The little girl had bruises all over her arms and face.. I went home and cried... Horrible what some kids have to go thru...
  • @kello29 omg that's crazy and so sad :;
  • @kello29 I'm glad you called cps! You could have saved her life..you never know.
  • Glad I knew the phone number.. My sister works for cps... I wanted to grab that mom by the hair and treat her like that poor little girl.. Poor thing hung her head the whole time I waited for someone to get there..
  • @MyLittleBlessing I couldn't just leave and do nothing after what I saw.. My bf told me not to get involved but how could I not?!
  • @kello29 no joke! That's wrong..never strike a child in the face, or throw them around by their hair. Its not okay, period. I bet that child was thankful!