natural ways to induce labor <3

edited June 2011 in Second pregnancy
My cousin is about to have her 2nd baby. Due in a week. Went to doc Friday and was 1cm dilated and 60% effaced. She has been in so much pain this pregnancy and I'm trying to help her out. Plus I'll need to know in 5 months anyways! :D

I found this article and want to know if someone has done it and it be true. Also sure ur other remedies. :)

"To properly do the massage in order to induce labor, it must be understood exactly where the pressure points are located. The pressure point for a foot massage is located just above the inner ankle. When you massage this area in a circular pattern for 15 to 20 minutes, the uterus will start contracting. There is also a pressure point located on the hand. The pressure point is located between the thumb and pointer finger –right on the webbing. Doing the same circular massage for 15 to 20 minutes will cause the uterus to contract as well."

Comments

• Never heard of it but I would love to know if its real!!!
  • I tried the pressure point thing at 39 wks and it didn't work for me
  • Right. They have clinics or spas that charge to do those massages.

I've also heard of castor oil, evening primrose oil, sex, walking, bouncing. But I want to know if they actually work! For her and me. Hubby is to deploy 4 days after my due date. God please let baby come early when healthy!
  • I've heard of it but I've also heard to only let a trained accupressurist do it.
  • My bff took a long brisk walk at 37wks exactly & her water broke later that night...
  • Oh no :( was it right above the ankle on the inside? :( @kayleigh27

Forgot to tag @vette_devil
  • My one friend swore she went into labor from eating spicy foods, fresh pineapple, walking, and nipple stimulation. I dunno if it works but she said it brought her bundle lol
  • @rockinmomma hmm.. idk. I read it on a cpl websites including webmd. But idk.

She's so swollen and can barely move from pain @vette_devil her doc won't induce til she hits week 42
  • I just heard that the pressure points aren't that easy to locate so its better to go to an accupressurist who knows exactly where they're located, otherwise you're most likely going to accomplish nothing.
  • I've heard of spicy foods, too, but my heartburn is so bad I think i'd rather stay pregnant! And the nipple stimulation is actually 'somewhat' proven to work- but that was tested in women who did it for like 3hrs a DAY! Yikes... I think I would bleed before that! Lol...
  • I tried the spicy food thing. Just wound up in agony with heartburn. Nipple stimulation just made me cramp mildly. I didn't dilate at all..my daughter was not coming out even if I wanted her to!
  • I tried nipple stim, spicy food, walking, accupressure, reflexology, bumpy drive, sneezing , blowing up baloon$, sex, jumpin6, dancing, I went 5 days over 1.5days after stretch n sweep, hope u have better luck then me, my membranes where extremely strong though midwife had to break them try dancing, youtube it
  • A lot of people I know ate taco bell the day they went into labor, maybe that does the trick...
  • Ok so i tried.sex, walkin, eating curry, doing the stairs, i tried the massage points and nipple stimulation and nothin worked! Im going to be 41weeks on tuesday so if n e one does find n e thing that works pls let me know
  • @denois u tried labour cookies, u know I said to my husband.im going to bed ill wake u up at 4 whrn I go into labour n well go have bub by 9 n be outta tgere. I woke at 4am with contractions went in had bub ay 7.11am lol mind power I dont know