My water broke at 20wks 4days

edited June 2011 in Loss
So on 6/9/11 my water broke all the way while having sex. My b/f and I went to L/D were they confirmed it. At this point an ultrasound was ordered and within an hour we knew our little one was still there 145 bpm. The dr finally come in and gave us two out comes. the good out come would be that within the next 48hrs I wouldn't go into labor and that our little one would start to make more fluid. The ultrasound showed that there wasn't even enough to measure, also that the baby had turned on its side on the left side of my stomach facing my spine so all they could see was hisits back. If I could hold on until 24 weeks then they could start me on magnesium and steroids and after that started I would basically be on bed rest getting up only once or twice a day and lived in my room until the baby came. The other out come which is the most typical is that my body would know that its time to deliver and would start doing things naturally but since my gestational age was still so young even if our child were to be born alive its lungs would not be able to handle breathing air and would slowely pass on. Knowing this we crossed our fingers and prayed. I stayed all day not really showing any signal of labor I started to spot with a little greenish tinge to it but nothing else. Friday morning early around 3 I started to bleed but still no contractions. At 10am still nothing, I had been periodically checking my cervix myself to make sure nothing was happening since the dr hadn't. So by 10:45 I was allowed to go home and be on bed rest and see if I could make my 24 week mark. While in the car my b/f and I talked about things that needed to be talked about and we agreed on certain things which would help both of us later on if thing went for the worse. After getting home I went into the shower waiting for him to join I once again checked myself out but this time I felt a little foot. I shut the water off just as Mike walked in, I turned to him and said we have to go back lets go. Getting to L/D again not for 45 minutes after I had left they basically prepared us this time that our baby would be born within the next 12 to 24 hrs. Trying to find the babys heartbeat twice they failed so at this point we looked at each other and knew our child was gone. 3 hrs later with some contractions starting an untrasound tech came in who happened to be my 2 cousin and guess what she found a strong heart still beating 154 bpm. Our child foot was sticking out of my cervix and was now in the birth canal and still backwards. My contractions starting to get back around 6pm that night, and was given only I.V. pain killers which didn't do anything. The nurse on call who did a wonderful job said usually babys born this early are born on the toilet so if I have to pee be careful. Periodically I did have to get up and pee even with my contractions 1-2 minutes apart. At 8:45 I yet again was having the feeling to pee so in between contractions which had moves to 30-45 seconds apart I made it to pee. I did my business and had two more while there and on the 2nd one could feel my little one dropping so I said " its coming my mom yelled for the nurse who said I could either do it there or get back to bed. I got up while contracting and said not here made it to bed and with out pain meds had my son at 9:12pm on 6/10/11. Caleb Matthew Rowden came into this world sleeping. My angel my son he was perfect in every way he should of been we came so far but gust not far enough. Its been a day and a half and I can't eat and I can't sleep all I think about is my son. I want him back inside me were I could feel him move. Why did this happen? Why to me? Omg this is so hard.

Comments

• :( im so sorry hun. I cant even begin to imagine. You are in my prayers
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Oh my goodness you poor thing thats awful. I'm so so sorry for your loss xx
  • I am so sorry for your loss! I will pray for you and your family.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss! I can't even begin to imagine your pain. You're in my prayers >:D<
  • I am so sorry!!! This breaks my heart. I will be praying for you and your family during this difficult time.
  • I am so sorry. I have no words, just love and prayers.
  • I'm so sorry hun... he is definatly watching over you. keep your head high and stay strong.
  • I'm very very sorry for your loss..just hold onto eachother and try to be strong..my thoughts and prayers are with u and ur family!
  • This is so heartbreaking...you guys are in my prayers.
  • Im so sorry for your loss
  • Rest in peace lil Caleb. Condolences to you and your family.
  • I'm so sorry that this has happened to you, this will be hard but you will only get stronger. Bless you and your family.
  • :( ... I'm so sorry to hear this. Praying for you
  • Awee rip Caleb ; be strong hun!
  • @timebandit I'm so sorry this happened to u. My son was delivered on 05/30 at 21 wks 1 day and was also born sleeping. I am still struggling with our loss, but if u feel u need to talk to someone I'm here. Lil Caleb will be at peace, I'm thinking of u and ur family with true sorrow and understanding xxx
  • I'm so sorry.
  • I'm so sorry. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers...
  • I am so sorry for your loss.
  • I'm sooooo very sorry to hear this! Stay strong. Although there is a reason for everything, we may never know or understand what the reason may be...your little one is resting peacefully in the hands of God...my thoughts and prayers are with you!
  • I'm so sorry this happened to you. You are in my prayers
  • Im so sorry for ur loss hun, ill be keeping u in my prayers
  • I am so so sorry for your loss!! I felt so sad when I read this I can't imagine what ur going through... u and ur family are in my prayers! Hugs ur way...
  • Oh god, this made my cry. I've had two miscarriages, but both were first trimester. I am SO sorry for your loss, sweetheart. There are no words I can say that could ever make you feel better, or describe the depth of your grief & sorrow. All I can offer you is my own sadness at your loss, my prayers, & my support.
  • Omg this made me cry! Im soo so so sorry for your loss I prayer that you stay strong..
  • I'm so sorry. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
  • I wa so on edge reading your story & thinking the best the whole way thru.... Im so sorry for your lost