just found out im diabetic will it go away after pregnancy

Super nervous i just found out im diabetic forgot what they call it while prego iv switched to sugar free items and have cut back on my carb intake altho diabities run in my family im afraid they wont go away :( i am 28 weeks along i am a on the heavier side which dont help either any comments would help. Ps this is my 2nd pregnancy with my 1st daughter i failed the first test and passed the second so this is all new to me.

Comments

• Most of the time it does go away after baby is born! Good luck mama!
  • Thank u ladies i pray it goes away :)
  • Do you have to take insulin shots?
  • Nope my doc jutst put me on 5mg of a pill to control my sugars
  • I just found out I am diabetic too. They think I was diabetic before I got preggo, but its worse now. They say it might go away, hut it probably won't. It's a lot to change, and I have to do insulin shots. It's a while new lifestyle
  • It's really rare for it to not go away, but having it during pregnancy does put you at higher risk for developing diabetes later in life.
  • Hope if I get it I can just take the pill. Because I already have to take blood thinner shots twice a day in my belly. I just took my one hour glucose test this morning so I should be finding out the results sometime this evening
  • Good luck @ carsons mommy yah iv been on pills yet i check my blood sugars as directed and im always very low so im hoping when i go in to my ob ill get to be taken off my pills
  • @ rome im sorry to hear
  • @soontobemommy have u got any symtoms? Ive just found out ive had a high blood sugar level and got to go bk for glucose testing, babys abdominal measurements are large to which also points to gestational diabetes
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • miss lisa i didnt have symptoms i felt fine and regular even when i did my testing the lab tech said usually she could tell who has high sugars after they drink that icky stuffso she was sure id be okay good luck lisa if you do turn out positive just make sure you try and follow a good diet i thought o man no more rocky road icecream lol but as long as you eat as healthy as you can a lil sweet treat is ok once in awhile lol
  • Thanks mommy of 2 yah iv been staying active diebities run in my family so im not willing to be lazy and careless thanks :)
  • My parents found out that I was a diabetic at 15 months old. I'm about 12 weeks along and my blood sugar has been going crazy. It was running extremely high when I first found out I was pregnant so the Dr changed my insulin. Then it was running extremely low so Dr had to change it again. Then it was doing ok but then started running low yet again. My Dr has to keep adjusting my insulin. I stay so stressed out. I have to set my alarm to eat. This week alone my husband had to call the paramedics twice because it dropped down so low. It's a lot to handle but it will all be worth it when our baby gets here.