Should pregnancy be a good enough reason to get a temporary handicapp sticker??

edited June 2011 in Pregnant
jus sayin...lol, i went to walmart and there are absoulutley never any parking spaces close by, im 6 months pregnant and wobbling already, i dont feel like walking all the way from the back of the parking lot to get in the store, and those 2 little spots they leave for pregnant women does not work..ok?? because anyone can park there...how do they know if you are pregnant or not...right...i think this is a isssue that should get pressed...

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • They have pregnancy parking? How do you know its for pregnant people? Lol and i know walking is no fun :/
  • I think they either need to allow a temporary sticker or make more expectant mommy/mommy of small children parking spaces. We live in a pretty small community and they ate no expectant mommy parking. And there are plenty of people with handicap stickers that r less handicap than a 6-9 month pregnant lady. I also have a 2 and 4 yr old that go with me often, so I am dragging them across the parking lot too!
  • I want one......my complex has HORRIBLE parking and if I show up after 10 pm ill have to park no closer than 2 buildings away.
  • yes !!! i believe all pregnant women should have a sticker !!!
  • @NewMommy_NavyWife right...my building has only one assigned spot for us, and im am tired of hauling groceries to my door, i dont have to strength anymore.
    @MommyLovesSparkle yes, the mall has it and some grocery stores have it, its only like 2 or 3 spaces, and there are always cars in it...and i say to myself that i know half these people not even pregnant and if you are under 16 weeks then i feel like you can still walk.....
  • Exactly...luckily this new condo has a garage.
  • I think in some cases, definitely. My sciatic nerve has been pinched for the past couple weeks and lately its been so bad that I couldn't even walk. I had my husband buy groceries and carry them up to our second story apartment because I couldn't even get up without crying.
  • Yes ma'am! I think we deserve a handicapp sticker, at least you have the 2 pregnant parking spots at your walmart where you live bcuz we don't even have that here in memphis....
  • I make hubby drop me off at the door!
  • We should be able to! lol my fiancee can't wait till baby come's so he can park in the baby/toddler parking spots cos i always have a go at him for doing it even now at 26w cosit ain't fair on parents trying to get car seats out in the small normal parking spots
  • I Think so! The walmarts out here are always ridiculously packed & the only exspectant mother parking we have is right infront of the babies r us so they're always taken they should issuse a pregnant mommy handicap sticker tht expires 6mos after your due date thts fair
  • After my c section with #1 i got my doctor to give my a temporary handicap form... took it to DMV & got my placard. Its major surgery and right at Christmas time so all the parking was awful! :)
  • I work at a Walmart, and I have to park in "employee parking" its so far. I take my breaks out there and everything. Not to mention all the crazy drivers that almost run me over on a daily basis. It's a war zone trying to get to and from my car.
  • I use to hate walkin but now that im trying to get labor started I make bf park farther away and I take the stairs
  • I absolutely do not agree with a healthy pregnant woman using a handicap sticker
  • I dont agree with it either.
  • Yes yes yes
  • I also on occasion would use the electric carts when I hit 32 weeks and started contractions
  • That would be great! Especially for mommas who are having difficult time with their pregnancy. I've never seen any preggo parking in south texas... shame.
  • @sammiegee87 do you have actual employee parking or is it just ten spaces out?
  • @angieahrens my bf is almost always with me when i head to the store but because i dont work and have no friends in town goin to the store dr or wic is teh only time i get to get out of the house. i only used tehm when i was goin to be making a long shopping trip (like our once a month grocery trip) now at 37 weeks tryin to induce myself i dont use them anymore cuz the walkin helps my contractions get stronger. i could see being upset about a like 3 month pregnant lady using one but come on im 9 months pregnant lookin 12 lol leave me alone
  • @angieahrens o no u didnt offend me at all i just was sayin that for some preggos the only time to get out of the house is that trip to the store so that lady shouldnt have assumed her man wasnt willing to get her what it was she wanted
  • I don't agree with it if yourr healthy. People have been pregnant for millions of years walking much farther than across a parking lot. Walking is good for you while pregnant anyway so take what you can right? Now if you are high risk or need to limit your activity i could totally understand. Not tryin to upset anyone, just my opinion